Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Hoping another attacker who can make something happen from nothing... sounds like another Bruce type signing.

We need team players who are good in their positions first, a dominating ball playing cm and another at cd.

Players like sarr are exciting but I feel its papering over the cracks of yhe true issues.

I would honestly go for poch and no new signings rather than loading the squad up even more and keeping the clueless scouse

I think Gerrard see the left as Buendias best position like Coutinho, and they are both playmaker types. So he is probably looking at Sarr as he is quick and direct, lie how Bailey is supposed to be. We will basically have like for like options on both sides. However we can play Buendia right and Bailey left, which give us some different options. 

I have to say if i were running the club i'd defintely sound out Poch's representatives, and if he's interested, bye, bye Gerrard. I just don't see a well coached side. What i do see is bad decisions, poor tactics, and poor substitutions!

• Like 1

Save 30m - £50m and get a coaching set him that isn't clueless. Don't sign anyone and you'll get a 10th place finish with a decent coach. You can sign player after player for 30m with this set up . It's pointless. We won't improve. We aren't coached 

A manager who doesn't have  a single clue.

A 5m sacking will get you a better return on investment than any player.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Signing another right winger just sums us up at the moment. 

I couldn’t think of anything more daft.

Or signing someone who can play as a left or right winger as well as play centrally… cannot see how that is daft ? Bailey & Sarr as wingers with Buendia & Coutihno as 10’s … what’s negative about those options,? 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Or signing someone who can play as a left or right winger as well as play centrally… cannot see how that is daft ? Bailey & Sarr as wingers with Buendia & Coutihno as 10’s … what’s negative about those options,? 

Gerrard is not going to play with wingers!  He will continue to play JJ and McGinn in midfield and watch us get split open week after week.... His mate will be back in the fold next week as he stated with Emi and lost,  so a ready made scapegoat there!!  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Would love Poch but there’s no way he would come. I doubt Potter would come either. We could maybe tempt Rodgers given the current shit show at Leicester.

I know it’s hard but we really need to back Gerrard for now. I admit that it’s been poor for a while and he’s been making some utterly mind baffling decisions but we just need to get behind him and hope he comes good. Changing the manager is not going to change the imbalance in our squad. Let’s keep behind him until the WC break and then reassess. Surely we can do that?!

No

We don’t know which managers would come or not. There’s a hell of a lot of appeal about our club and plenty of resources - more than the majority of the league.

It’s an excellent opportunity for any manager to build something and to make a genuine impact on the league.

SG has utterly blown it and we are going backwards, surpassed by lesser clubs with inferior individual players.

He’s been here over 9 months and all I see is regression, it’s falling apart.

We risk further damage with him, regardless of who he signs. We need a manager with a plan and effective way of playing.

SG is not even a manager, his assistant does the heavy lifting. A face, a name and speaker of hollow words. Sick of him. Wasting our time and money, afforded so many luxuries…

Time to show some actual ambition, something we bleat about but do not back up out there on that pitch.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No

We don’t know which managers would come or not. There’s a hell of a lot of appeal about our club and plenty of resources - more than the majority of the league.

It’s an excellent opportunity for any manager to build something and to make a genuine impact on the league.

SG has utterly blown it and we are going backwards, surpassed by lesser clubs with inferior individual players.

He’s been here over 9 months and all I see is regression, it’s falling apart.

We risk further damage with him, regardless of who he signs. We need a manager with a plan and effective way of playing.

SG is not even a manager, his assistant does the heavy lifting. A face, a name and speaker of hollow words. Sick of him. Wasting our time and money, afforded so many luxuries…

Time to show some actual ambition, something we bleat about but do not back up out there on that pitch.

I agree with much of your post but the highlighted bit is just not true. Hardly any of our players have any history of performing consistently in the PL. I rarely look at our 11, compared to the team we are playing and think we look better. Our midfield is the worst in the PL. Even an utterly awful Bournemouth bossed us a couple of weeks ago.

I’m amazed and appalled that we have only signed one centre midfielder so far this summer. I would have signed three before even considering anybody else.

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Good Tayls

SG is getting the blame for previous signings.

He might not be good enough, but i would defy any manager to get a good midfield out of our squad

Being honest, we should be doing better. Yes we have some dross in the side both in terms of ability and mentality, but there is no way someone like Poch would struggle to get us actually playing football. 

Edited by Tayls

17 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I agree with much of your post but the highlighted bit is just not true. Hardly any of our players have any history of performing consistently in the PL. I rarely look at our 11, compared to the team we are playing and think we look better. Our midfield is the worst in the PL. Even an utterly awful Bournemouth bossed us a couple of weeks ago.

I’m amazed and appalled that we have only signed one centre midfielder so far this summer. I would have signed three before even considering anybody else.

Midfield has been an issue for far too long and we’ve all had our say on it.

My point was that there are clubs performing better than us who have less resources (inferior stadiums, training facilities, academy, finances, less and lower paid staff) and poorer individual players. Man for man, our squad is better than many others. Simply, we’re not getting the best out of these players and not setting the side up to succeed.

Tell me

How many teams, outside the top 4-6, have a better GK than Martinez?

Better defenders?

Better attacking players than Buendia, Bailey and Coutinho?

Better young players than Jacob Ramsey?

Based on reputation or past seasons, better CF options than Ings and Watkins?

Simply, again, we should be doing a hell of a lot better.

We signed Kamara… an excellent player and the DM we’ve wanted for ages.

Yet, we are no better.

Who is responsible? The guy who is supposed to set the team up to succeed surely…

He has no tactics, no ideas, no gameplan… I don’t see what he offers at all. He relies on a huge backroom team who aren’t any good either. What a disaster.

No point signing players if you don’t know how to set them up and coach them to produce positive performances and results…

12 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Theres only 3 current midfielders we have now , who i want in 12 months time. Thats Tim,  Kamara, and JJ. The rest aren't good enough, full stop

We've been holding on to Championship / Bottom Premier League players for too long hoping they can level up.

Only the creme rises to the top.

Easier to get away with in other areas, but.midfield is too crucial in the PL for any coasting.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Tayls, i watched todays game, i saw Emi getting the ball and having no options because nobody was making runs, i saw Watkins consistantly giving the ball away, i saw Bailey constantly trying to get free kicks, i saw lack of ability in the final 1/3rd.

If we had Zaha today we wouldn't have lost. I'm not sure about SG, but i do think he has been left some duds, and i do like his signings, so atm i am prepared to give him more time

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Midfield has been an issue for far too long and we’ve all had our say on it.

My point was that there are clubs performing better than us who have less resources (inferior stadiums, training facilities, academy, finances, less and lower paid staff) and poorer individual players. Man for man, our squad is better than many others. Simply, we’re not getting the best out of these players and not setting the side up to succeed.

Tell me

How many teams, outside the top 4-6, have a better GK than Martinez?

Better defenders?

Better attacking players than Buendia, Bailey and Coutinho?

Better young players than Jacob Ramsey?

Based on reputation or past seasons, better CF options than Ings and Watkins?

Simply, again, we should be doing a hell of a lot better.

We signed Kamara… an excellent player and the DM we’ve wanted for ages.

Yet, we are no better.

Who is responsible? The guy who is supposed to set the team up to succeed surely…

He has no tactics, no ideas, no gameplan… I don’t see what he offers at all. He relies on a huge backroom team who aren’t any good either. What a disaster.

No point signing players if you don’t know how to set them up and coach them to produce positive performances and results…

As I indicated in the match thread.

I think " poorer individual players " is a myth 

Our players are only higher profile by name.

I'd take several of those Palace players here.

Also, it's about the balance as much as it is about the players.

Other teams are getting better, lesser known players than us for fractions of the price.

Other teams have better all round athletes than our high profile weaklings.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Ismaila Sarr are we having a f***ing laugh.. yeah hes a talented player but he is not what we bloody need right now!!! Ffs this club is doing my head in😂 get a friggin CM 

Edited by RicRic
  • Confused 1