Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

22 minutes ago, useless said:

I've got a feeling we're working on something big for the central midfield positon, I wouldn't be surprised if whoever we bring in we have to break our transfer record to do so. I think for sure we will do someting in that area, so it's going to be interesting to see exactly what happens.

We live in hope.

5 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Get Pape Sarr from Spurs in and go all out for Gallagher, re-integrate Sanson into the team and thats some solid midfield options for us!

Pape Sarr had his chance to join didn't he and turned us down? Not sure over paying to Levy will be on the agenda imo

29 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Your posts are getting more delusional & outlandish for cheap likes imo … Signing players based on Insta  followers geez😂😂😂 whatever next?? 

Explain to me how Kamara, Sarr (poss?) Diego Carlos, A back up loan international LB & International back up #2 GK doesn’t  fit part of a system ? 

I think you should have another read over the post and actually understand what it is you are reading. I note how you have missed some other names of your list there… perhaps the ones which would fit what I said, plus I was responding to a post tielemans anyway. 

Get back to googling players no one has heard of so you can continue your quest of becoming an online scout. Good luck! 

Edited by Tayls

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Pape Sarr had his chance to join didn't he and turned us down? Not sure over paying to Levy will be on the agenda imo

There’s so much value to be had in France for exactly that type of player. Pape Gueye is one such player. Cheick Doucoure has gone to Palace and he’s looked good in all his games for Palace so far. 

My pick would probably be the most expensive Kepheren Thuram. But Pape Gueye and Boubs helped get Marseille to second - although Their coach is brilliant Sampaoli.

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I hope it’s not Otavio, not that he’s a bad player but it’ll be very dumb on our part. His release clause expired a month ago when we could’ve had him for a decentish price.

IMO we need a top quality hard running/tackling/marking box to box midfielder. Is this Otavio? If not who are we selling to make room?

Just now, PerryBarrPet said:

IMO we need a top quality hard running/tackling/marking box to box midfielder. Is this Otavio? If not who are we selling to make room?

I believe he's more like Buendia but plays further back so would be like buying an 8 version of Emi.

Not what I think is missing in the team but we are struggling to create from midfield as much as we are ran through by the opposing teams. So maybe there is room for him there too

4 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Gerrard’s objective for “his team”, McGinn in the middle:

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think you should have another read over the post and actually understand what it is you are reading. I note how you have missed some other names of your list there… perhaps the ones which would fit what I said, plus I was responding to a post tielemans anyway. 

Get back to googling players no one has heard of so you can continue your quest of becoming an online scout. Good luck! 

And I’ll leave you to your bedroom keyboard conspiracies 👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

You're right, and the sad thing is we're actually very close to having a very good team. 

The current way we're being setup makes some very decent players look like absolute dogshit. The fullbacks are told to get forward, but there's only two players behind them, leaving the defence horribly exposed. 

If Kamara steps into the back line, he's losing effectiveness in the midfield, and he's the only **** in there. 

McGinn has no positional discipline, meaning we end up with him, JJ, Phil / Emi, Bailey all trying to occupy a similar space on the pitch - which is a piece of piss to nullify.

The only way attacking fullbacks can work with a squad like ours is with a back 3. If we start playing with natural widemen we can play a back four, but we'll still need a double pivot (Bouba plus new CM / Luiz), and one of JJ, Emi or Coutinho IMO, with one striker being fed (Ings preferably).

A new CM would make a huge amount of difference. Currently, playing Luiz alongside Kamara would make a huge amount of difference. How the **** Gerrard and 100 coaches can't see this is beyond me!?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I like him as a player, but I don’t think he’s the player we need right now. We’ve been exposed with our physicality a few times and I know Otavio is a tenacious midfielder, but I’m not sure he’s the guy to address our issues with physicality. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I feel the Mods pain. I can’t seem to go in any off topic thread without Gerrard being mentioned. 

A new Centre half is a must.

At least you didn't :D 

• Haha 1