Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Good Tayls

SG is getting the blame for previous signings.

He might not be good enough, but i would defy any manager to get a good midfield out of our squad

He has chosen this midfield. Kamara his signing, Ramsey and McGinn are his 1st names on the teamsheet. He made McGinn captain.

He was given 25 mil to buy a new left back in january, even though it wasnt exactly critical. Big money on a CB, 17 mil on coutinho when we already had lots of attack minded. Now potentially another attacker in for big money.

Had he asked for 30 to 40 mil on a top midfielder this summer, he'd have got it.

The midfield issues are on him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, andym said:

He has chosen this midfield. Kamara his signing, Ramsey and McGinn are his 1st names on the teamsheet. He made McGinn captain.

He was given 25 mil to buy a new left back in january, even though it wasnt exactly critical. Big money on a CB, 17 mil on coutinho when we already had lots of attack minded. Now potentially another attacker in for big money.

Had he asked for 30 to 40 mil on a top midfielder this summer, he'd have got it.

The midfield issues are on him.

Not just left back......Coutinho wasnt needed either if honest

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not just left back......Coutinho wasnt needed either if honest

I was very sceptical on him, but pleasantly surprised on the financials of the deal.

I am still sceptical on his performances.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wouldn’t mind Pape Gueye from Marseille. It’ll be a perfect signing in readiness for Jorge Sampaoli. Get Duje Caleta-Car too . Get the band back together. 

Kamara Gueye Sanson could be an interesting midfield 😛

• Like 1

Palace apparently trying to get a loan with option to buy for Soumaré at Leicester. Guess we have no chance since he likely had Viera as his idol but I'd be all over that.

Really liked him at Lille and think he did OK last season while finding his feet in the PL. Comes from the best academy in the world at PSG and he played in a double pivot alongside Aurélien Tchouameni for the French U-21.

Him and Kamara would be a smashing DM pairing but I suspect it will be him and Doucouré at Palace instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Palace apparently trying to get a loan with option to buy for Soumaré at Leicester. Guess we have no chance since he likely had Viera as his idol but I'd be all over that.

Really liked him at Lille and think he did OK last season while finding his feet in the PL. Comes from the best academy in the world at PSG and he played in a double pivot alongside Aurélien Tchouameni for the French U-21.

Him and Kamara would be a smashing DM pairing but I suspect it will be him and Doucouré at Palace instead.

Would make a massive difference to our midfield. If we don’t sign someone to support Kamara this season I wouldn’t be surprised if he jumped ship next summer.

Tielemans on our radar apparently.

It's a funny one with him. Endlessly linked to clubs yet no one has signed him. Think he wanted to go to Arsenal but they have overlooked him. Would be perfect to drop in as an 8 alongside Kamara.

Does feel with him and Sarr there's a shift towards signing players for the next manager as opposed to the present occupant.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Tielemans on our radar apparently.

It's a funny one with him. Endlessly linked to clubs yet no one has signed him. Think he wanted to go to Arsenal but they have overlooked him. Would be perfect to drop in as an 8 alongside Kamara.

Does feel with him and Sarr there's a shift towards signing players for the next manager as opposed to the present occupant.

Sauce?

Just now, Made In Aston said:

There are no strong links to tielemans, apart from with arsenal. I would be very surprised if he ended up anywhere but there. 

Arsenal already signed that Fabio Vieria for 30m + and have a settled midfield trio of Xhaka-Partey-Odegaard so while off field issues may disrupt that Arteta is changing that anytime soon given the start they've made.

Guess Man. United could come in for him and drop him in as 8 alongside Casemiro.

It's certainly a player Gerrard would fancy based on his transfer dealings so far.

39 minutes ago, sne said:

I was actually wondering last night if they'd let him leave on loan. They're desperate for money and he is more talented than he showed last season. Could be clever business from Palace yet again