Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed on both.

Apparently we actually wanted Collins but couldn't guarantee him starting playing time so he opted elsewhere.

Really like the look of him.

When did we want Collins? We were in for Tarkowski given he was actually round Gerrard's house and this was after Diego signed so I couldn't see us signing three CBs this summer.

Actually wasn't he sort of linked when at Stoke City but that would've been him warming the bench for a year so worked out better for him he's got a taster at Burnley for a season.

Good player certainly.

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t mind Carlos tbh, just would have preferred Collins. 

56 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's wrong with the Carlos signing?

I would have liked Nathan Collins as well, but I don't see how signing Carlos is a negative at all.

Collins in still young, Carlos is more experienced and has pedigree.

If anything I would have signed both.

Carlos clearly very very good. I don't think there's much argument at the start of the season he's a better player than Collins.

There's a good chance Carlos will be a worse player in three years, Collins will probably be better.

Purely because of his age you have to see results quicker. 

Now, through no one's, fault Carlos is injured so we're losing 6-12 months of his prime. An injury like this is more of a concern with a 29 year old than a 21 year old IMO.

One of the many reasons signing older players comes with added risk. Inadvisable to sign many for big money, on big money.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Carlos clearly very very good. I don't think there's much argument at the start of the season he's a better player than Collins.

There's a good chance Carlos will be a worse player in three years, Collins will probably be better.

Purely because of his age you have to see results quicker. 

Now, through no one's, fault Carlos is injured so we're losing 6-12 months of his prime. An injury like this is more of a concern with a 29 year old than a 21 year old IMO.

One of the many reasons signing older players comes with added risk. Inadvisable to sign many for big money, on big money.

Collins will go for probably triple the price in a couple of years 🤦🏿‍♂️

We don’t have a clue or plan and who we gunna sign that’s gunna change that other than a new manager ? I’m not calling for Gerrard to go one bit -yet. But listening today we sound farther away than we should be from having a coherent XI which is v.worrying 

Edited by thabucks

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As bad as Gerrard is, no manager gets the best out of this squad unless we sign some central midfielders. 

It’s just embarrassing at this point. 

But they just seem to refuse to address it. It’s like a blind spot. I know they wanted Phillips and Bissouma but where is the scouting? Where is finding other players rather than those under your nose?

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

So true. Would have much preferred him to Carlos. But we don’t do sensible. 

Yeah! Collins was quality once again for Wolves today! Future England CB

• Haha 1

I’m not a conspiracy therorist I promise but I just feel that something has changed behind the scenes. Whether the club care to admit it or not, they talked big about this summer and projects etc and then we made 2 changes to our starting line up. I do wonder if they’ve lost faith with Gerrard or they planned to bolster FFP by making a big sale (McGinn, Mings Watkins) and that didn’t happen. 

I don’t believe the window has panned out like they planned it to.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As bad as Gerrard is, no manager gets the best out of this squad unless we sign some central midfielders. 

Problem is he will always keep picking McGinn that’s the main problem we have in midfield 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This all day long. Lots of us wanted villa to sign Cheik Doucoure. Palace got him for peanuts and he bossed us today. McGinn and Ramsey away from home will never work. It’s so easy to get at our defence, win the ball from us and keep the ball. 
We are so weak physically. We’ve wasted millions on utter rubbish who offer nothing at this level.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

This all day long. Lots of us wanted villa to sign Cheik Doucoure. Palace got him for peanuts and he bossed us today. McGinn and Ramsey away from home will never work. It’s so easy to get at our defence, win the ball from us and keep the ball. 
We are so weak physically. We’ve wasted millions on utter rubbish who offer nothing at this level.

This over and over again. Our midfield has nowhere near the power required at PL level. I wonder what Kamara is thinking now about Villa’s ambition and if he made the correct decision in joining us.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I’m not confident with Gerrard having anymore money to spend.  Just papering over major cracks if we do. 

Agreed. I be worried who he would wanna sign 

He needs to stop playing Mcginn for starters. we need balance in the mid. calmness

We need to start getting back to finding the next big Bisoumma, the next Diego Carlos, the next Digne, players 19-24 who are ready for the first team football rather then signing players on massive wages. Come on Villa we can do better than this

3 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

This over and over again. Our midfield has nowhere near the power required at PL level. I wonder what Kamara is thinking now about Villa’s ambition and if he made the correct decision in joining us.

True mate. I think we need to start Tim and Bouba every match from now on. Tim is young but he gives us presence in the middle and he is brilliant at protecting the defence and winning the ball back.