Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Shame, I think Sanson looks good...

However obviously not a Gerrard player.

This might mean Luiz is staying especially after his Instagram story earlier.

What is he missing do you reckon that would make him a Gerrard player?

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

A couple of years older should do it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think Gerrard fears his hairline. It's debatabe who has got the better hairline between the two of them and this makes Gerrard feel threatened.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Not just Gerrard. Dean Smith didn’t fancy him either.Doesn’t suit the agenda though. Another one to add to the list of ‘brilliant’ players if he was given a chance 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Not just Gerrard. Dean Smith didn’t fancy him either.Doesn’t suit the agenda though. Another one to add to the list of ‘brilliant’ players if he was given a chance 

What agenda?

Why didn't he get a game under Smith?

17 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Or midfielders who looked better/no worse than the rest of the midfield but even when they did well were binned off.

Possible due to character/attitude problems, because it certainly wasn't down to lack of ability.

I hope we keep Luiz and Carney - and Bailey, Archer, Tim and Traore do well in preseason, then it's hard to see who else we desperately need.

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

I too would be concerned about Villa's lack of activity were it not for all of the encouraging signings they've already made.

To summarise, you'd be concerned about the lack of activity, if it were not for the activity?

14 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Possible due to character/attitude problems, because it certainly wasn't down to lack of ability.

Yeah i mentioned this before.

The fact that it's under two managers made me question this.

He's looked good every time  i've seen him.

40 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

You think that I was being sincere when I mentioned Sanson's hairline making Gerrard feel threatened?

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What agenda?

Smith was playing McGinn all the time and Ramsey was getting regular sub minutes so he was probably thinking why is Lange spending 15m on a guy I'm not going to play much. Obviously couldn't foresee the Grealish injury a month later but money would've been better spent getting a creative player on loan, ironically West Ham got Lingard in same window and flew past us in the table.

Again Gerrard just prefers McGinn which was reflected in the team selection every weekend even when we had nothing to play for which was the last 10 games of the season.

44 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What agenda?

The agenda some posters seem to have with Gerrard. Always picking his favourites etc maybe Sanson doesn’t train hard enough during the week.Two managers seemed to have same opinion 

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

He's comfortably held his own when he did get minutes. I don't get how people don't think he's a good player. The mistake against Utd aside, he's barely put a foot wrong. 

He only played about 3 games so that’s 2 goals cost us in 3 games!  But tbf though he has looked ok. So it’s probably more an attitude thing than ability. 

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sanson has had problems with his knees. Fitness has been an issue for him.

Too soft for the Premiership and will be moved on if a suitable offer comes in.

Would rather have Souchek. Might be available and would give Villa a better presence in midfield. Only 27 and can score goals too.

Offer Spam Ings and 10m?

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Too soft for the Premiership and will be moved on if a suitable offer comes in.

Would rather have Souchek. Might be available and would give Villa a better presence in midfield. Only 27 and can score goals too.

Offer Spam Ings and 10m?

Souceck is painfully one dimensional. He cannot pass doesn’t tackle or progress the ball forwards- scored goals which dried up last season. Too slow and definitely not what we need! IMO of course   

• Like 4