Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

You are correct, as per the below from Fifa:

From 1 July, clubs will only be able to have eight players loaned out and eight loaned in during a season. That number will go down to seven from July 2023 and will reduce again to six from July 2024.

The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, or players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. These are usually referred to in the Premier League as “homegrown” players.

So effectively - its a rule with so many exceptions - that it really doesn't change anything.

9 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

You are correct, as per the below from Fifa:

From 1 July, clubs will only be able to have eight players loaned out and eight loaned in during a season. That number will go down to seven from July 2023 and will reduce again to six from July 2024.

The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, or players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. These are usually referred to in the Premier League as “homegrown” players.

So you can buy a brazilian aged 18, send him out on loan each year for 3 years, then still send him out on loan aged 22 for the rest of his career as a home grown player and none of that would count towards the loan limit!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

6 loans would be:

Wesley

Guilbert

Trez

El Ghazi

Kalinic

Hause

Sanson & Traore to stay as part of the squad.   Still leaves us with 2 loan spaces if we don't count U21's?

Trez is being sold by all accounts, so still 3 spare with that approach. 

If we're planning to loan out all those, and Sanson and Traore to see them get match fitness,  I assume we'd be buying at least 3 more. Can't see us doing that, so I agree we'll probably keep Traore, Bailey, and Sanson around as our backups. Not even close to hitting the 8 loan limit. 

Edited by MrBlack

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is hardly going to stop clubs like Chelsea hoarding all the top youngsters then loaning them out.

No but means cant keep a load on the books who are worthless. Saw they released a guy called Clarke Salter, 24 years old one Chelsea appearance 6 loans 

Chelsea appearance was against us 😂

The new rule of only being able to loan out eight players, doesn't apply to players under the age of 21, or homegrown players, which I think is defined as a player that has spent three years at the club between the ages of 15 and 21.

So all our youngsters could in theory be loaned out and we could still loan out another eight of our players that are older than 21 if we wished.

The point of the ruling is to stop clubs from hoarding players that are first team ready, because that can block the pathway to the first team for younger players, so wouldn't make sense to limit U21 loans as one of the main points of the ruling is to help them get more playing time.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

So effectively - its a rule with so many exceptions - that it really doesn't change anything.

Look, this isn’t about the rule, it’s about the fact that Gregg is so bad at his job he’s making definitive claims about Villa’s plans based on a total misunderstanding of the rule 😂

Or, I suppose, he’s on the money and his top sources at the club don’t know the rule ;) 

• Like 1

U21 players dont' count towards the limit regardless

The 'home grown' rule is for players above the age of 21, they can still be loaned out without counting towards the limit if they spent three years with the club between the ages of 15 and 21, so someone like Conor Gallager at Chelsea could still be loan out by Chelsea next season, and it wouldn't count towards the eight player limit, because he's homegrown by them.

38 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

This seems very much like a briefing from the club that Phil McNulty is reporting on, which to me suggests that a (well deserved) holiday week is over for Lange & Co. and it's back to recruitment work before Pre-Season starts in exactly two weeks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Get zinchenko 

Zinchenko would be an interesting one. He’d naturally fit our system as a central midfielder, especially as he can tuck in when Digne goes forward… 

Not seen all that much of him though tbh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Zinchenko would be an interesting one. He’d naturally fit our system as a central midfielder, especially as he can tuck in when Digne goes forward… 

I think it would be a brilliant signing. JJ would have to move out to the right though but I don’t think that’s an issue 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Also, very good at set pieces.

Not sure he'd be worth the £35m+ City will want.

Fills a few different positions which is handy, but I don't think he's a game changer for us really. I'd like a new record signing to come in a step above what we have.

In no way questioning his attitude or professionalism but you'd have to wonder if Zinchenko will be able to be 100% focused on football considering what is happening in his homeland.

Must be going through he**