Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

29 minutes ago, picicata said:

That may have something to do with it but I think it's more the fact they think they are a genuinely massive club and no one else does, it's more the world for not taking them seriously.

Hmmmmmmmm. 

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

They've assured him its All fine allegedly. Same deal with Christensen, they know they need to move somebody, it's why United are trying for De Jong as they think Barca are desperate.

But they had the same deal with Aguero and Ferran and they got them over the line. Also Kessie wouldn't go Barca to us

Can’t imagine any player would ever leave Barcelona to join us.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How many years in HMP Winston Green if Gerrard considers signing Ben Mee......:ph34r:

Leaving Burnley and has "premier league interest"

He would be a sensible pickup for a team like Fulham or Forest

4 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Having read through the Everton forum, I want Richarlison more than I’ve ever wanted us to sign any player!!

And then don't give him a game and have Gerrard say after every game that Richy is just not up to Villa standards yet :)

• Haha 2

It's kind of funny Everton fans think we've done nothing but sign a load of old players on massive wages and are following their trajectory*. Just because we signed Digne, Coutinho and Carlos.  

They don't seem to have any appreciation of our overall young squad, academy and eg that we've just signed 22 Yr old Kamara.  Not to mention 29 is no age now for modern footballers and other than Coutinho (on a free) the wages won't be near what they've been paying. 

Other teams don't understand how wealthy BUT also how switched on our owners are. 

* I know some on here feel the same but they're idiots. 

56 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Can’t imagine any player would ever leave Barcelona to join us.

Durrrrrrr.  What about Louie Barry.  YOU IDIOT! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's kind of funny Everton fans think we've done nothing but sign a load of old players on massive wages and are following their trajectory*. Just because we signed Digne, Coutinho and Carlos.  

They don't seem to have any appreciation of our overall young squad, academy and eg that we've just signed 22 Yr old Kamara.  Not to mention 29 is no age now for modern footballers and other than Coutinho (on a free) the wages won't be near what they've been paying. 

Other teams don't understand how wealthy BUT also how switched on our owners are. 

* I know some on here feel the same but they're idiots. 

They’re about to offer Tarkowski a 100k a week deal as well. I imagine it’s a 4 year contract too. He’s older than Carlos.. 

With the signing on fee, I bet that doesn’t work out much cheaper than the Carlos deal. 

It’s a typical tribal attitude. If they’d signed Carlos, they’d be buzzing, as would Newcastle fans. He’d be the best thing since sliced bread. But because they haven’t, he’s too old and it’s a bad deal. It’s the same with all sets of fans, even ours. 

I’m absolutely fine with our transfer business so far. Hopefully we add another 6/8 (otherwise we won’t get top 6/8) but if that was our lot, I’d be content. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

How many years in HMP Winston Green if Gerrard considers signing Ben Mee......:ph34r:

Leaving Burnley and has "premier league interest"

I’m covering in dirt, too hot and sweaty digging the weeds in the garden.

I may end it all if we sign Ben effing mee 

Not sure how reliable but ExWHUemployee is saying we want Sonny Perkins, the press in Leeds say they've lined up a deal for him. I don't know a great deal about him but recognize his name from England youth squads, only turned eighteen in Feb.

Im going to do a 180 on my stance regarding Bale and say that if he is available to us and we can get him for a suitable wage fee, I'd absolutely love him here.

Even though we'd either be playing him as a CF or rotating him with one of a few who are going to need, and will command minutes for us next season. I'd be okay with any of it.

He and Neymar were the two players I really thought would take over from the CR7 vs Messi era. Both enjoy immaculate and awe inspiring skill on their day. I don't think either Bale or Neymar had the same all important mental approach to the game however, even if they had the desire to be the next duo rivalling for the ballon d'or. Albeit for seemingly different reasons (that they didn't).

If he wanted to, I wouldn't put it beyond him to have a proper shot at reinvigorating his play and having another go at being his best. I'd consider myself a fool to assume that. 32 you are still well and truly capable of peak powers.

Edited by A'Villan

17 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure how reliable but ExWHUemployee is saying we want Sonny Perkins, the press in Leeds say they've lined up a deal for him. I don't know a great deal about him but recognize his name from England youth squads, only turned eighteen in Feb.

He is usually spot on with his info