Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That collapsed didn’t it?  Don’t know if he’s any good and rumours of a fee of £6m but the Fulham deal collapsed a week or two back after it was though done in April.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ep2t78t0bzlqdkd3e6

Fulham are useless

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, calcifer said:

Just had a good old chuckle reading some of the comments - this one is comedy gold!  

image.png.cf16278c3ccbedff98a60fd002e2b4fa.png

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/richarlison.113282/page-427

First time in my life I've had to join another clubs site and put them right on a couple of things😂

I was sorely tempted by Pinkun last year though with the disrespect they showed us over Buendia, but I didn't need to as one of their posters quoted one of my lengthy VT posts raging about it word for word adding in a "fair comment" statement 😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, A'Villan said:

What do we make of the Gareth Bale link from the Birmingham Mail?

I'm not so much interested in opinions on the source and link itself, but rather what we would think about signing Bale?

He has been a really top player and he does still pull out the stops for Wales, if they do qualify at the weekend, he will need to be match fit for the World Cup and we are handy for The Belfry, I could see him being attracted to us, but is he the right side of 29?:) 

Edited by John
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, John said:

He has been a really top player and he does still pull out the stops for Wales, if they do qualify at the weekend, he will need to be match fit for the World Cup and we are handy for The Belfry, I could see him being attracted to us, but is he the right side of 29?:) 

He's 32, may as well be 82. Legs are shot, can’t run, no motivation etc Stick him back in the home.

26 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Franck Kessie can’t register for Barca at the moment. I wonder if we can go back in for him.

They've assured him its All fine allegedly. Same deal with Christensen, they know they need to move somebody, it's why United are trying for De Jong as they think Barca are desperate.

But they had the same deal with Aguero and Ferran and they got them over the line. Also Kessie wouldn't go Barca to us

All starting to feel a bit rubbish again isn’t it now that our main addition to the coaching staff is leaving. More change needed for the players. New players to try and integrate into a new system with the changes that will obviously come - ie, a new first team coach. 
Really frustrating. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure how it's gone over my head, until this very moment, that the added vitriol coming from Everton fans, might also largely be in part due to who our manager is 🤔🤦🏿

That may have something to do with it but I think it's more the fact they think they are a genuinely massive club and no one else does. I don't think it's just Villa fans they hate, it's more the world for not taking them seriously.

As for Richarlison, I don't think he's any better than Watkins and we already own him so absolutely no point to it even if we were interested.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

They've assured him its All fine allegedly. Same deal with Christensen, they know they need to move somebody, it's why United are trying for De Jong as they think Barca are desperate.

But they had the same deal with Aguero and Ferran and they got them over the line. Also Kessie wouldn't go Barca to us

Barcelona have got to be the richest broke club in the history of football.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tayls said:

All starting to feel a bit rubbish again isn’t it now that our main addition to the coaching staff is leaving. More change needed for the players. New players to try and integrate into a new system with the changes that will obviously come - ie, a new first team coach. 
Really frustrating. 

Don’t worry, everything will be fine in the end. If it isn’t fine, it’s not the end 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Really frustrating. 

its called progression.

• Haha 1

Every player in Europe is destined to Villa or Newcastle.

as Yosser Hughes would say.........." gissa job, I can do that"

31 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Really frustrating. 

That's what pre-season is for.

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure how it's gone over my head, until this very moment, that the added vitriol coming from Everton fans, might also largely be in part due to who our manager is 🤔🤦🏿

It doesn't help but have been acting like entitled clearings in the woods all season like a shitter version of United 😂

They attacked Vieira for no reason 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, I've started a thread over there and made that point when someone said they don't like our manager. 😂

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I've started a thread over there and made that point when someone said they don't like our manager. 😂

I signed up as well, to see what the craic was about. lol

There are actually some decent fellas over there, as well as the inevitable knobheads, like in all our fanbases, it seems.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1