Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I do like that the people who constantly mock this hypothetical moaning and bed wetting are literally the same posters who actually did all this over the last few years with the previous manager. 

Fits a certain Alanis Morrisette song. 

It's like ten thousand spoons!

Actually, almost twenty thousand by now, adjusted for cutlery inflation.

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I do like that the people who constantly mock this hypothetical moaning and bed wetting are literally the same posters who actually did all this over the last few years with the previous manager. 

It's actually nothing like the examples she gives in her lyrics.

In fact, the lack of irony in the lyrics is the only ironic thing about the whole song.

Ironically.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Dunno if that fits to be honest??

Gold isn't it. I think there's built up frustration because they didn't allow themselves to enjoy promotion as much as they could have.

You don't have to stick to your initial thoughts forever. Changing your opinion as evidence changes is sensible.

Look forward to warming more to Gerrard if we can get rolling next season. A change in Assistant Manager could be the kick in the nuts that jump-starts us.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Well we’ll have to agree to disagree on Tammy, he’s an upgrade on Watkins especially this last season.

The point is that the board have brought in Gerrard to get European football.  The point is that consistency and quality is key to getting European places.  This team finished 14th because of lack of quality and consistency, and adding two quality players isn’t going to dramatically change that enough!

- Fine by me. Don't think there's a great deal of difference there.

- Those players finished higher than that last season and they're more than capable of being backup. We're not finding better players than them who are willing to sit on the bench for most of the time.  

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

- Fine by me. Don't think there's a great deal of difference there.

- Those players finished higher than that last season and they're more than capable of being backup. We're not finding better players than them who are willing to sit on the bench for most of the time.  

It's entirely possibly we will have players like Chambers, Mcginn, Luiz, Buendia on the bench next season. 

That is a European strength squad. 

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Imagine we signed 33yr old perisic, there would be uproar! 

Since we dont play wingers there would be 😉

Nobody is against signing 33 year olds if can contribute and run. If Lewandowski or Modric popped up at VP tomorrow would be huge celebrations

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Since we dont play wingers there would be 😉

Nobody is against signing 33 year olds if can contribute and run. If Lewandowski or Modric popped up at VP tomorrow would be huge celebrations

I’m not the biggest fan to gain end of career players, but these are on the list of exceptions  

5 hours ago, Indigo said:

Would folk be into the idea of Richarlison? Wants out of Everton, will likely be holding out for a club in Europe and cost a wedge but just curious.

I'd be thrilled, but I don't think it's realistic. Wouldn't be shocked if we get Calvert-Lewin, however.

54 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Exclusive look at Aston Villa next season if we fail to sign a striker.

unfinished_horse.jpg

I remember the reaction on here when we signed Danny Ings, we all thought he was going to be fantastic for us, me included. 7 goals in 31 Premier League matches last season, less than 1 goal every 4 matches. He’s 29 years old, past the peak age for a footballer, he’s only going to decline. For me, he’s been a flop but I think football fans expectations generally especially of their own team’s players are too high. There’s a reason Liverpool didn’t keep him on their books and now we’re stuck with him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I remember the reaction on here when we signed Danny Ings, we all thought he was going to be fantastic for us, me included. 7 goals in 31 Premier League matches last season, less than 1 goal every 4 matches. He’s 29 years old, past the peak age for a footballer, he’s only going to decline. For me, he’s been a flop but I think football fans expectations generally especially of their own team’s players are too high. There’s a reason Liverpool didn’t keep him on their books and now we’re stuck with him

Bizarre take!  Not been a great season like the rest of the team has up and downs. Still has a goal/goal assist every 146 mins.  In a chop/change front line, significant bench time and first season at the club there is no way he’s been a flop.  Not had a consistent run in the same position and changed systems up front he’s still got involved.  He could’ve and should’ve done more but a flop, not in the slightest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Considering the excitement when Ings was signed, doesn't fans in general have too high expectations about other clubs' players?

If/when Villa sign a 20+ goal striker from Bundesliga or Ligue 1 the excitement will again be huge, only to fade when said striker scores 7-8 goals in his first Prem season.