Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

All footballers contracts in the uk run to the end of June. I believe it’s the same in Europe. It’s likely that new contracts therefore run June to June. I think the last months wages are effectively holiday pay and players are free to leave at the end of their deals at the end of May. Maybe it’s changed, but that’s how it was explained to me ages ago.

Yeah, I have the impression contracts start and end in June as standard practice.

But if Diego Carlos is signed at the start of August, I assume we don’t back pay the months of June and July? He’s been paid for those months by Sevilla.

Maybe the “missed” months are made up over the remainder of the contract.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

If Luiz goes we will still have Mcginn. We also have Chucky and Tim coming through. Maybe Sanson as well.

Thats assuming chucks even here. We probably cash in on him if he wont sign therefore that does make us a little light.

The only two regulars for certain that are staying is mcginn and JJ

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats assuming chucks even here. We probably cash in on him if he wont sign therefore that does make us a little light.

Think we definitely need another #8 for competition or to start - New #8, McGinn, JJ.  Then we need to sort Luiz, Sanson and Chuk, can see two from that group going.

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We will sign another midfielder, but Soucek is not the right player from what I can see.

We mean business but the pressure is really going to be on not to be shit this year.

We've lauded our transfer business every year recently but we still never seem to **** actually win games of football!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Think we definitely need another #8 for competition or to start - New #8, McGinn, JJ.  Then we need to sort Luiz, Sanson and Chuk, can see two from that group going.

Yeah I think we need four 8's, so JJ, McGinn and two more. I think Chuk will be counted as one of the 10s as in we've 3 and he'll be the 4th in terms of squad depth. 

So if we lose Luiz and Sanson we'll probably need 2 more players coming in. I'd love Luiz to sign a new deal but we all know it doesn't seem like it'll happen

Just now, CVByrne said:

Yeah I think we need four 8's, so JJ, McGinn and two more. I think Chuk will be counted as one of the 10s as in we've 3 and he'll be the 4th in terms of squad depth. 

So if we lose Luiz and Sanson we'll probably need 2 more players coming in. I'd love Luiz to sign a new deal but we all know it doesn't seem like it'll happen

McGinn Kamara Bissouma

Ramsey Nakamba Sanson

Young Tim 

If that was what we had come the start of the season i would be ecstatic 

If Gerrard really doesnt rate Sanson then we could bring The Ox in as the 8 to replace him which i would be equally happy with 

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

McGinn Kamara Bissouma

Ramsey Nakamba Sanson

Young Tim 

If that was what we had come the start of the season i would be ecstatic 

If Gerrard really doesnt rate Sanson then we could bring The Ox in as the 8 to replace him which i would be equally happy with 

Bissouma will be off to Spurs. I think the 8 who comes in will be an experienced senior player who is bought into the project and doesn't need to start every week. 

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We mean business but the pressure is really going to be on not to be shit this year.

We've lauded our transfer business every year recently but we still never seem to **** actually win games of football!

This is what’s confusing me, we weren’t great up to Jan and then got Digne and Coutinho and were still not very good… 

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Assuming we get 4 new first team starters, having 2 in already before the window slams open means they'll have a full pre-season. Hopefully the others will follow on quickly.

I think (hope) that will make such a huge difference to how we start next season. Getting ahead of those still finding their feet and early points on the board builds momentum (to cover all the cliches).

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This is what’s confusing me, we weren’t great up to Jan and then got Digne and Coutinho and were still not very good… 

They are better players in a more possession based system.  Buying better passers and better players will see an increase in their output. 

To add to that ^^^ - the season starts earlier + there is the ridiculous world cup break. That might make a pretty strange season and early points will be vital. We're likely to have more top tier international players - injuries, workload etc - all will have major impact across the squads I expect.

Teams who do their business late and/or have a slow start might struggle to catch up without the usual run of games to settle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

For context: Newcastle spent almost £40m on Dan Burn and Chris Wood. 

For just around £43m, we’ve brought in Coutinho, Kamara and Diego Carlos. 

A great post, thanks for highlighting this.

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This is why I have my doubts over Gerrard. However our real problems really stemmed from our poor defending, and inability to play out from the back. Gerrard made life harder by trying to make our style more expensive just as he steadied the ship.

I feel Gerrard hasn't had the squad to play his football. Carlos and Kamara is a step in the right direction. But we are still aren't quite there. But the most important business is almost done.

44 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Every one knows the best time to be a Villa fan is during the summer! The dreams, the hopes!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Btw, have zero issue ending up starting with two centre backs who are right footed. New age footy hipsters claiming the left of a cb partnership has to be left footed .Give over. McGrath played the left of a 2 for us a tonne of times. 

Thats nothing the real football hipster will emerge next season with the inverted centre backs system 😉

• Like 1

Talk that West Ham are wanting to get rid of Soucek after a dust up with Moyes. 

He not the most stylish of players but he’s an effective 6 in the right system and he’s add a bit of height and metal to our midfield options. 

13 minutes ago, picicata said:

Every one knows the best time to be a Villa fan is during the summer! The dreams, the hopes!

This is very true. All leading up to that big crash when reality bites in that first crushing 3-0 loss. A story as old as time.