Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Whats the point in trying so hard to get into europe then when we get there we start Callum Chambers ffs...

He's clearly not good enough to be starting for us, i don't know why we got rid of Young who was more than capable as backup if we were not going to sign another RB in the summer as depth.

Some shocking decisions from the club.

Edited by AshVilla

6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Not signing a right back in the Summer is our biggest mistake this season.

It was weird letting Young go so early and not getting anyone else in.  Maybe Mings's injury meant we had to change plans and prioritise a left-sided defender instead but sheesh Chambers stunk the place out.  I'd rather Dendoncker play at CB and Konsa at RB.

I want to say it’s due to the lack of games, however at times I don’t think it’s to do with that. 

He sometimes over commits with duels in the air, he’s slow on the ball/getting the ball out of his feet. There were times when we needed a quicker pass to our forwards and he will hesitate or just not see it. 

I like the guy, but I think his position in our squad is justified. I don’t see him playing that much this season especially with the way Emery reacted.

He'd be fine for a team that's mostly going to be defending in a low block but he's not good enough on the ball and too slow for how we want to play.

Similar to Dendoncker for me, there's a big drop off when either of these play and at best they should be subs when we are looking to defend out a lead and not starting at any point.

Â