Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

I can see him getting time off the bench in midfield to help us close out games. If we get 2-0 up in a game I can see a Luiz > Chambers or JJ > Cambers type sub. He played in midfield in the behind closed doors friendly today against Brentford.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I can see him getting time off the bench in midfield to help us close out games. If we get 2-0 up in a game I can see a Luiz > Chambers or JJ > Cambers type sub. He played in midfield in the behind closed doors friendly today against Brentford.

i could see a scenario where he is our first choice no.6 (until Nakamba is back).

Obviously, this would allow Luiz to challenge for his preferred no.8 position also.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i could see a scenario where he is our first choice no.6 (until Nakamba is back).

Obviously, this would allow Luiz to challenge for his preferred no.8 position also.

Yes, I suspect this might have been why he was bought, as back up to both Konsa and Nakamba. While Nakamba is out I can see him getting regular game time. I guess we will have to see how the manager deploys him. 

Last season and the season before he was the starting Right Back for Arsenal either side of his cruciate ligament injury. So he is of a high level in terms of talent and got a a few assists so I want to see him start a couple of games at right back this season. See what he can do there and that'll throw the gauntlet down for Cash. 

I want to know if Callum Chambers vs KKH at Right Back next season if we sell Cash for a big sum is the way forward. It will free up a lot of transfer money as we need to move for that next level CF and CB soon enough

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Last season and the season before he was the starting Right Back for Arsenal either side of his cruciate ligament injury. So he is of a high level in terms of talent and got a a few assists so I want to see him start a couple of games at right back this season. See what he can do there and that'll throw the gauntlet down for Cash. 

I want to know if Callum Chambers vs KKH at Right Back next season if we sell Cash for a big sum is the way forward. It will free up a lot of transfer money as we need to move for that next level CF and CB soon enough

That would be a downgrade on what we currently have. If Cash goes I expect us to sign another RB with Chambers or maybe KKH as backup although I have my doubts.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That would be a downgrade on what we currently have. If Cash goes I expect us to sign another RB with Chambers or maybe KKH as backup although I have my doubts.

If we sign Hickey, he's both footed so he can surely play right back if we sold Cash. I think by 2nd half of next season KKH will have nailed down that position.

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we sign Hickey, he's both footed so he can surely play right back if we sold Cash. I think by 2nd half of next season KKH will have nailed down that position.

Selling Cash would be crazy. He's a defender who is excellent defensively

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Which is not what we need. We need essentially a wing back who is excellent going forward. 

Also every player has their price. If Athletico bid an amount we deem higher than his value to us we should sell him. 

RB, CF, CM are our three weakest areas and I would like to see us improve in all three with new players in those positions

Edited by CVByrne

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Which is not what we need. We need essentially a wing back who is excellent going forward. 

Also every player has their price. If Athletico bid an amount we deem higher than his value to us we should sell him. 

RB, CF, CM are our three weakest areas and I would like to see us improve in all three with new players in those positions

RB is not our weakest area because football is about winning games and that includes having a good defence. I'll take 1-0 wins for rest of season with pleasure. 

That's not even getting into "cashing" in on player and getting the FM foreign players names thrown about on here frequently that could be total flops in the PL

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

we don't need RBs and LBs that are good defensively? I disagree, we need solid defense as much as we need edge going forward.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I agree he's excellent defensively, but in our current system that's not enough. Our WB's are integral to how we attack its so important that they can at least deliver a decent cross into the box. Cash gets himself into some great positions but his crossing/final ball is often poor, its something he really needs to improve on if he's to be our 1st choice under Gerrard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think it would depend on the price and if he wanted the move. Important to only keep players that want to stay at the club. 40m for Cash would be great business.

46 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

I agree he's excellent defensively, but in our current system that's not enough. Our WB's are integral to how we attack its so important that they can at least deliver a decent cross into the box. Cash gets himself into some great positions but his crossing/final ball is often poor, its something he really needs to improve on if he's to be our 1st choice under Gerrard. 

Exactly this. You look at his average number of key passes, which is a very important stat for the system and it's very low. 

• Like 1

Â