Tommi O’Reilly

KentVillan

24 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm surprised there is so little chat about him...

I watched the Walsall game and he looks like a very gifted player.

I watched some of it and felt the same. Actually didn’t know who he was. I think we have a very interesting player in him.

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Is he a bit lightweight - needs time in the gym? Looks an interesting player though!

He is small. And Gerrard said he needs work in the gym, but he is technically brilliant. 

That little pushed pass with the outside of his left foot for Watkins goal was something that reminded me of Grealish. 

Difficult to teach natural skill. Far easier these days to strengthen a smaller technical player. Look at how strong Buendia is on the ball. 

• Like 1

Was a little surprised he hasn't gone to Australia, but I guess makes sense for him to have some pre-season with the U21s if that's where he's going to be playing his football next season.

• 3 months later...

Both excellent goals - he just needs to work on impacting games, he can sometimes be a blur of spins and fast feet, lovely to watch but more decorative than effective. I'd like to see how he does with better players. A loan after christmas or next season will make or break him I think.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it's a possibility, was injured for a lot of his first year as a scholar so missed a lot of development time which I'm guessing is partly why he didn't go out on loan in the summer, at that point hadn't even played much U21 football. Was interesting to hear the praise Jed Steer was giving him on the commentary for the Norwich game, lots of comparisons to Grealish. Definitely a promising prospect, step up from U21 football to first team football a tough one, but O'Reilly seems to have something, and I think might be the kind of player that's better with better players around him, would be great if we could get a kind FA Cup draw to allow us to give him some minutes with the first team.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Scored another two against Nuneaton and has hit the crossbar. Five goals in his last five games.

He looked really good tonight.  Could have had a couple more if some of the other Villa lads were on his wavelength.  

Â