Tommi O’Reilly

KentVillan

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

At the risk of doing a @sir_gary_cahill, this lad looks very special.

In our PL2 game vs Reading he was playing some great through balls and looked really tidy with his feet moving both ways with the ball.

Maybe it was weak opposition, but he really stood out as having genuine technical quality and a footballing brain.

Does anyone know much about him?

Oh really? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He looked good in the game against Reading but had so much time and space to do so as they didn't press hard in midfield or play particularly well.

He's clearly got a lovely pass on him but this was the first game I've seen him stand out; hopefully it'll be a good platform for him to build on. 

• Like 1

From the little I've seen he's technically very good, normally plays as more of an out an out attacking midfielder, almost like a No.10, or sometimes on the right wing cutting onto his left foot. Game against Reading was by far the best I've seen him play, two things may have contributed to that, one he looks like he's he's bulked up quite a bit and seems a lot stronger, and two, he was playing a slightly different role, similar to how McGinn and Ramsey have been playing for the first team under Gerrard, I wouldn't have guessed it based on what I'd seen previsously but that role seemed to really suit him, allowing him to get on the ball more than usual.

4 hours ago, useless said:

From the little I've seen he's technically very good, normally plays as more of an out an out attacking midfielder, almost like a No.10, or sometimes on the right wing cutting onto his left foot. Game against Reading was by far the best I've seen him play, two things may have contributed to that, one he looks like he's he's bulked up quite a bit and seems a lot stronger, and two, he was playing a slightly different role, similar to how McGinn and Ramsey have been playing for the first team under Gerrard, I wouldn't have guessed it based on what I'd seen previsously but that role seemed to really suit him, allowing him to get on the ball more than usual.

I'll also say that first 11 on Monday was the strongest first 11 he has ever appeared in by quite some way.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, useless said:

Training with the first team squad by the looks of it.

I'm not sure we can read too much into that this week with so many players away - but it'll be good experience for him working with those coaches nonetheless.

Â