Tommi O’Reilly

KentVillan

Isn’t his nickname lil Phil? He does remind me a bit of Foden. If he becomes even half as good then we’ll have a top player on our hands. He is dinky though

Edited by burchy

I think Birmingham Mail's reporting is a little irresponsible, they make it sound like the coaches are calling / comparing him to Foden, something I don't think they would do as it puts pressure on young players when coaches do things like that, a mistake that has been made in the past, see Moore brothers being compared to Henry and Osbourne to Viera, in reality I think it's just the other academy players that call him that, half jokingly, and they all do it to each other, I've seen them call Iroegbunam Pogba for example, and Barry Vardy and so on.

• Like 1

I worry about Tommi because of his size.. i also criticized him earlier in the season about his jink of the shoulder being easy to read.  But fair play to him he has really come on as a player over the last few months. He is having more and more impact on games in terms of goals and assists, as well as generally running the game at times.

Keep on going Tommi. Great to see another huge Villa fan making strides

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I worry about Tommi because of his size.. i also criticized him earlier in the season about his jink of the shoulder being easy to read.  But fair play to him he has really come on as a player over the last few months. He is having more and more impact on games in terms of goals and assists, as well as generally running the game at times.

Keep on going Tommi. Great to see another huge Villa fan making strides

He's the same size has Lionel Messi 😂 5ft 7. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Messi is an exception to the rule. Being 5ft 7 isn’t going to work in Tommi’s favour. 

Xavi, Iniesta, Scholes, David Silva, Lahm, all 5 ft 7, didn’t stop their careers. Kante is 5ft 6.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Got on the bench instead of Patterson after being injured for a couple of months. I can imagine Unai would love his style of play and his undoubted technical ability 

Last weeks Emery has put a few in the bench. Giving them all a great experience of match day

On 29/01/2023 at 12:04, rodders0223 said:

Already 19 years old.

Missed his shot at being a footballer.

Next.

Exactly. If you've not got 300 league appearances and have captained your side to a Champions League win before you're 20, you've got no future in the game these days. 

Â