Tommi O’Reilly

KentVillan

• 3 weeks later...

I've been very impressed with him since he's become more of a regular with the U23s, even when he's not scoring, assisting or creating chances, you can see what a good player he is in his general play, he seems to have a natural air to the way he plays, similar to Grealish and Chukwuemeka.

when i have seen him play for the u23s, i have always thought his touch is sublime, his vision top notch, he seems really composed on the ball, very silky player who seems to have that air of "always seems to have time on the ball" (ie: his technical ability allows him to look like he has time on the ball - where others might panic and look rushed etc).

He is a little on the small side, but he is only 18, so plenty of time to bulk up (kind of similar to Grealish when he broke through, in terms of both looking rather skinny/lightweight), get on those weights Tommi boy! 😜

I think he has the technical ability to succeed for sure.

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, useless said:

Very brief highlights from last season, but some good skills and goals

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfCUVjYAnm9/

Will be interesting to see how he gets on in pre-season.

Lots of talk about Carney in last few days, I think this guy could be the best of a very good crop coming through, love to keep him around the first team for a full season, training with EmiB and coutinho for a long period of time would be huge benefit 

He missed most of the first year of his scholarship with injury, and hasn't played many games for our U23s as it stands, so whilst he's getting to the age where we nornally think about finding a loan for our academy players, I think he will probably be kept at the club, give him more game time with the U21s before we think about a loan, can also play in the EFL Trophy and maybe the EFL Cup if we get a favourable draw.

On 14/03/2022 at 19:22, MaVilla said:

when i have seen him play for the u23s, i have always thought his touch is sublime, his vision top notch, he seems really composed on the ball, very silky player who seems to have that air of "always seems to have time on the ball" (ie: his technical ability allows him to look like he has time on the ball - where others might panic and look rushed etc).

He is a little on the small side, but he is only 18, so plenty of time to bulk up (kind of similar to Grealish when he broke through, in terms of both looking rather skinny/lightweight), get on those weights Tommi boy! 😜

I think he has the technical ability to succeed for sure.

I agree.

most of our academy do......but playing mens football and dominating the ball, is a whole new ball game....as you allude to.

They have to find a way of dealing with the physicality of the league, because other teams have players who will just negate, their talent......that is probably the most crucial part of their development.

Technically brilliant. Physically not ready yet. But a year on a really good weights program like Jack did will make a hell of alot of difference. Also need to point out Cam Archer was miles smaller than him at the same age and look how he has filled out. No harm keeping him around first team training because he is very very sharp. And bonus another massive Villa fan . 

• 3 weeks later...

Looked technically very good. always wanted the ball and to pass things forwards. Got an assist. Should of got another assist if Ings scored.

Edited by messi11

Â