Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Again forgetting Sanson :(

Not at all. I'd prefer him to be starting now over McGinn. I'm losing faith that Gerrard will want to keep him though. Although, we wanted him based off his form working with Kamara. You'd have to hope that he could reclaim that form if Kamara comes in too and we get to see the best of Sanson - and he gets a chance to show it!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Quite, but Ramsey is 20 and will burn out or go through inconsistencies. As will Chuk - who may leave regardless - in which case, having McGinn to rotate with Bissouma, Chuk and Ramsey is a great option. He'd still get a lot of game time and be worth keeping around. 

Ramsey isn't yet a 90mins / 38 game player and someone like McGinn to rotate with him or to play instead of Bissouma if he needs a rest or in games we can dominate in would be ideal.

Well could easily rotate Ramsey and Chuk. Or even go 4-2-3-1 with Buendia and Coutinho swapping between left and centre. There is also Sanson!

22 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

McGinn as a number 10 or 8 / 10 is a disaster for possession based football. Ramsey would be a better fit for that role. Chukwuemeka has the potential to be a top player in that combined 8 and 10 role. I mean working box to box, with an emphasis on either scoring or creating goals. Alongside a number 8 with an emphasis on protecting the defence and dictating the play.

I don't see McGinn as a 10 more an 8.

I get your point, but he is good at winning balls high up the field, where he has a short distance to run with it, that bustling style, is better served further up the field, where his forte is best served....His skill set is not designed to stop marauding runners.

I appreciate, his ball control is not great,and his aerial prowess is not there,  but this is a squad game now....and I think JM has a diversity of type, to be of use to us.....we need to deploy him where his skills are better suited, but we can't, because we have no one suitable, hence our problems.

Some of our players are ok.....we are just using them wrong, because the squad is imbalanced....its catch 22

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I get your point, but he is good at winning balls high up the field, where he has a short distance to run with it, that bustling style, is better served further up the field, where his forte is best served....His skill set is not designed to stop marauding runners.

I appreciate, his ball control is not great,and his aerial prowess is not there,  but this is a squad game now....and I think JM has a diversity of type, to be of use to us.....we need to deploy him where his skills are better suited, but we can't, because we have no one suitable, hence our problems.

Some of our players are ok.....we are just using them wrong, because the squad is imbalanced....its catch 22

I totally agree. The only caveat I would add is I feel Luiz as a box to box player suits or style better. McGinn would be a plan b or c player, but his quality and stature mean he would have to be at least the first choice to go into the team after the first choice 3. I don’t think given the football we play that role makes sense. He is 27 and at the peak of his powers and crucially value. So makes more sense to cash in ahead of other. However this depends on contract situations (namely Chukwuemeka and Luiz).

If two midfielders are signing then I don't see a future for McGinn.

At 28 years of age he will not be content sitting on the bench with aspirations of still playing international football.

I do think an older midfield player like McGinn or Sanson needs to be sacrificed as Luiz, Ramsey, Chukwuemeka and Iroegbunam are the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

At 28 years of age he will not be content sitting on the bench with aspirations of still playing international football.

I do think an older midfield player like McGinn or Sanson needs to be sacrificed as Luiz, Ramsey, Chukwuemeka and Iroegbunam are the future.

Agree with the other young midfielders, but Luiz is not the future.  He has 12 months left on his contract and will be sold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

Also we shouldn't stock up on so many midfielders when we have 2 or 3 very gifted young players coming through. There has to be at least 1 place out of the 6 for central midfielders open for Chukwuemeka, Irebogum, or Aaron Ramsey to breakthrough.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Agree with the other young midfielders, but Luiz is not the future.  He has 12 months left on his contract and will be sold.

It's very matter of fact, do you have inside knowledge? 

Well he is only 23 so has a long career ahead of him and he will improve greatly over the next few years.

I'd like him to sign and stay at Villa, it would be a shame to lose him.

25 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's very matter of fact, do you have inside knowledge

Well he is only 23 so has a long career ahead of him and he will improve greatly over the next few years.

I'd like him to sign and stay at Villa, it would be a shame to lose him.

I don't think you need inside knowledge to know the club won't let a player with resale value run his contract down.  It's not looking like he'll sign a new deal, so if he doesn't i'd say it's safe to assume he'll be sold this summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Well if Douglas and Coutinho won't be here next season, their minutes for the remainder of the season should be a lot more limited.

You don’t play Coutinho to do him a favour and develop him, you play him because he’s very good and useful while he’s here.

14 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

You don’t play Coutinho to do him a favour and develop him, you play him because he’s very good and useful while he’s here.

While we're competing for what exactly? We paid a lot for Buendia and Bailey, those two and Traore need minutes.

15 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

And there’s every evidence that will sign permanently too. 

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if we sold Luiz for 30-35 million. He’s incredibly flaky and has been all his time here. If we could sign Kamara for what we’d sell Luiz for, I’d be fine with that. 

Edited by Johnnyp

Â