Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Unless AFCON has expanded like is proposed for the Nations League with England and France now making an appearance, we'd only lose Bissouma.

And, of course, Leon Bailey

Okay thanks, I thought Kamara had declared for an African state but if not that’s great.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Preece saying he was there for Kamara.

Also was at City v Atleti for Kondogbia

Also was at Leicester v PSV for Sangare.

I still think Purslow being at Marseille means that a meeting or money was actually being discussed. No need for him to be there otherwise.

But Kamara and Sangare have been talked a lot about on here. Kondogbia also would be a stellar signing. Honestly any of those three would be good signings.

Can't believe we're looking at just one target, all three would be excellent really. Liked the look of Sangare at AFCON, long thought Kondogbia would be good fit for prem team and he's just a squad player at Atletico (also fits Gerrard profile of being vastly experienced at top level).

Kamara one most intriguing given he's played a bit as CB in the past so could go 3-5-2 perhaps....although that's for next manager I suspect.

To create room means Luiz is certainly going and perhaps we'll use Sanson as makeweight aswell if Marseille want him back.

13 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Saúl?!

He wasnt really a regular last season and his stock had dropped. Think Atletico were actually shocked a team like Chelsea came in for him. They tried sending him to Barcelona all summer and weren't interested 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He wasnt really a regular last season and his stock had dropped. Think Atletico were actually shocked a team like Chelsea came in for him. They tried sending him to Barcelona all summer and weren't interested 

Fair enough. I'll never forget that dreadful first half performance against us. 

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

Most haven't watched him very much...  He isn't even a 6, he's an 8 who is awful going forward.  

He is a hybrid 6/8 and IS good at progressive passing.

He is perfect for a double pivot next to a true 6.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Also we shouldn't stock up on so many midfielders when we have 2 or 3 very gifted young players coming through. There has to be at least 1 place out of the 6 for central midfielders open for Chukwuemeka, Irebogum, or Aaron Ramsey to breakthrough.

I agree....but Tim Iroegbunam is the only one with the style, we are likely to recruit this summer for.......All though we are loaded with midfielders, the paradox is we are short of defensive midfielders.....We need to be careful not to confuse them, as they are different.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Can't believe we're looking at just one target, all three would be excellent really. Liked the look of Sangare at AFCON, long thought Kondogbia would be good fit for prem team and he's just a squad player at Atletico (also fits Gerrard profile of being vastly experienced at top level).

Kamara one most intriguing given he's played a bit as CB in the past so could go 3-5-2 perhaps....although that's for next manager I suspect.

To create room means Luiz is certainly going and perhaps we'll use Sanson as makeweight aswell if Marseille want him back.

Getting Kondogbia AND Kamara would be outstanding business IMO.

Centre of the Park instantly solidified as well as top notch CB backup?

Imagine getting Kondogbia, Kamara AND Koulibaly.

Spine!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But several steps up from McGinn. Lol

That is true :P 

My issue with Kondogbia is he seems to get sold after a season or 2 so maybe something isnt right in the dressing room

Just now, Zatman said:

That is true :P 

My issue with Kondogbia is he seems to get sold after a season or 2 so maybe something isnt right in the dressing room

Don't know much about his history outside of Fifa if I'm honest. He helped me win the quadruple with Villa 😂.

Where was he before Atleti?

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree....but Tim Iroegbunam is the only one with the style, we are likely to recruit this summer for.......All though we are loaded with midfielders, the paradox is we are short of defensive midfielders.....We need to be careful not to confuse them, as they are different.

Yep. We need a DM that is also a proper defender. Which is why Kamara is my ideal choice. He also plays centre back. For me if Gerrard wants his fullback to play as wing backs, then he needs a DM that will drop into to defence to make a 3 when defending (halfback).  This would mean we have plenty of width, while having enough support in the middle, and will help us against the high press as we have move passing options, as well as cover. 

It's also why Bissouma or a box to box like him that plays with tactical discipline and offers real physicality as well as being able to play DM is also ideal. This way when the DM drops into defence, he can drop into DM. Also can play DM if  other is unavailable.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't know much about his history outside of Fifa if I'm honest. He helped me win the quadruple with Villa 😂.

Where was he before Atleti?

He has been at Inter, Valencia, Monaco, Sevilla when he was younger. He only seemed to stay at Valencia for more than a couple of seasons

He has big game experience and is just gone 29. I wouldnt write him off but would prefer Kamara of the two for long and short term

• Like 3

Â