Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If he was 25 no chance he comes to us, at 22 we have a chance with anyone except guys like Mbappe unless he falls in love with Shelley from accounts who is a die hard Villa fan. Lol.

G'warn Shelley, do it for the good of the club.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Same private jet that SG used to the cup final in Seville is leaving BHX at 10.15 to Marseille. Wonder who it will be bringing back?

Flight tracking link or GTFO.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Sanson now goes the other way out on loan back to Marseille.

I get what you mean but Marseille wouldn't have been any part of this deal as his contract was up. Boubacar could've signed for anybody since Jan.

But yeah I think we'll see Sanson move. But I don't think it'll be just yet. I think we'll hang around and see what happens with Luiz & Carneys contract. If one or both sign, we'll move Sanson on. If neither sign we'll be forced to sell them this summer, at which point we should be keeping Sanson to understudy Ramsey/McGinn.

I'm sure we'd sign somebody else if we sold those two but for consistency in the team and helping Boubacar settle in, it'd be good to hold onto Sanson if there are a lot of midfield moves forced on us this summer.

• Like 1

From this year

Loooooong read

FI-Boubacar-Kamara-1200x540.png

Boubacar Kamara: Europe’s most in-demand soon-to-be free agent

Marseille’s Boubacar Kamara (184cm/6’0, 68kg/150lbs) is in one of the most interesting positions of any player as we approach the 2022 summer transfer window. The 22-year-old’s Marseille contract is set to expire at the end of June and I believe the player will, or at least should, be one of the most sought-after names on the market.

The Marseille man most commonly plays as a holding midfielder, though he has also played plenty of games as a centre-back during his career and is very comfortable in that position too. I believe the holding midfield position is one of the most unique and perhaps demanding ones in the modern game, as well as being one of the most difficult positions to recruit players for due to its unique and demanding nature. However, I also believe that Kamara is someone who can operate in this position to the absolute highest standard, and with the 22-year-old on the verge of becoming a free agent, I think this should make him a priority target for many of Europe’s elite, with top players in this position few and far between.

In this scout report and tactical analysis piece, I intend to provide some insight into the intricacies of Kamara’s game to explain why I feel he’s likely to be/should be so in-demand this summer. I’ll discuss some of the key strengths and weaknesses of his game as it pertains to what’s important regarding his ideal role in the team’s overall structure, strategy and tactics, while also providing analysis of the Marseille man from tactical, technical and physical perspectives.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/boubacar-kamara-202122-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

• Like 1

If he's as good as they say then this is the sort of player our team has been screaming out for.    Coutinho and Kamara for a combined £17m?    I think we all knew that the club were going to try and sign Coutinho permanently and go for an international class DM but figured that the bill would be somewhere closer to £100m, right? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

£140k tops. No way we force Coutinho to come down to that and then immediately pay the next guy more than him just a week later.

As much of a coup as it is, especially not a 22yr old DM from the French League

I don't think he will be on anywhere near that figure. 70-90k max. 

Lots of excitement in here today, but the big question is.

How many games/weeks will VT'ers give him before the ''he's crap, can't pass, he's slow and a shit Gerrard signing'' posts start? 🤣

• Haha 1

One of the best aspects of this signing is that he's young.  Had a fear Gerrard was going to put short term success over any long term building.

• Like 1

Great bit of business

Only concern is we don't seem to be able to get our French players actually playing for one reason or another.

Let's hope that changes as the ones we already have are all highly rated in france.

Â