Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

If you met a guy (or gal) in a pub and they told you they’d NEVER seen Villa play but had a quick scan of VT and then gave you their opinions of Villa players you wouldn’t sit their and take their views seriously would you? 

I get that looking at fans views of a sale is interesting but it’s one small data point. And some people give that data point WAY too much weight IMO. 

Any signing is a risk, he may do great here, he may not but he’s clearly got the pedigree to be a hit for us. Essentially it’s down to him as an individual and our coaching team. 

Well a loan sounds a lot better! I would 100% take him on loan. Try before you buy. Keep the receipt mind.
Seems the price is getting higher and higher everyday

Edited by messi11

23 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Well a loan sounds a lot better! I would 100% take him on loan. Try before you buy. Keep the receipt mind.

What happened to 16m.

It was the only enticing thing about the transfer for me the value aspect.

If 25/30m figures are being touted i think we can do better at that price bracket and should pay the extra for Bissouma or even Guimaraes.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Loan with an option to buy? Now we are talking. If so I'm no longer against it.

My main hesitation is that I don't think he is an upgrade on Luiz, and as Luiz's value is about 50% higher, that suggets to be the case also with a neutral view. I thought we now wanted to improve our first team and that would mean we should shop in the £40M market, not in the £15M market. But a loan puts in into a whole other perpective, perhaps he is just not a good fit for Juve at this moment and can kick on at Villa. I doubt it, but would gladly take the chance, at least if we can't get anyone else in.

I haven't been impressed by him, and I don't see him as an out and out defensive midfielder. What Allegri said about him not being able to play in front of the defence as he takes too much time on the ball is very concerning. Especially given that the tempo in the PL is so much higher. A defensive midfielder needs to be reliable first and foremost. We can't have a wild card there, and Bentencour seems to be just that. We have two wild cards in Traoré and Baiily, that's ok for the attacking positions, but not in our own half. 

A close friend who is a Juve fan and seen about all Juve games for the last 20 years has quite strong opinions on him (ok yes now I sound a bit like villalad21 when I made fun of "what Lyon fans think" about Traoré, but this is more of a in depth view from a since long time Juve fan whose opinion I trust 🙂). Anyway he would be very glad for Bentencur to go and has wanted him out for a long time, patience has run out. Allegedly he can be really good at times, but lets the team down with headless passes, trade mark being a blind back pass to the opponents attackers (this corresponds quite well with what Allegri has said), he also blamed last seaons exit of the CL by Porto on Bentencur's mistake. And said it happens over and over again. I haven't seen many players having you tube videos with compiliations of their bad passing, so it seems credible. He isn't too fond of McKennie either, but would much rather keep him, different kind of players, but McKennie runs like a dog and pops up with goals. Bentancur he never knows when he will show up and what he will get.

Now it is of course not fully fair to compare with the standards of Juve, and their fans are of course more demanding, it says quite much of how far we have come when we don't get all excited by perhaps buying a Juve player. And the fact is that he has played quite a lot for them over the last years despite being only 24, and in a title winning team with Champions League title demands. Despite that, I dont see him as a good fit for us right now. But if it's on loan, no problem, welcome here! 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Complete bull  ! We cannot sign another player on loan - FACT ! 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

Â