Formula One - 2022

BOF

If they put as much effort into the circuit as they did everything else it would be the greatest race of all time.

Its incredible just how much detail has gone into every single moment of the race weekend.

I can't help but think that this weekend has shown that the future direction of F1 is more circus, less focus on the actual racing. It feels like the driving is the lowest of the priorities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, choffer said:

I can't help but think that this weekend has shown that the future direction of F1 is more circus, less focus on the actual racing. It feels like the driving is the lowest of the priorities.

Yes. It’s all geared for people, mainly wealthy people, to have a great day out. They aren’t fussed about racing action. Just to see the cars going fast, have a few drinks, see some celebrities and buy some merch.

• Like 1

The race itself was ok but the big caveat is the safety car, without that it would have been very forgettable which is criminal for a brand new track.

The whole show felt as far removed from an F1 race as you could possibly get. Im not a fan of the Saudi races to be honest but at least they treat the race weekend with the respect it deserves. 

Fair play to Martin Brundle, he made his feelings known on the grid walk as best he could.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure. That redbull is lightning fast on the straights  

I was talking more about the season in general rather than Miami specifically. But yeah the Red Bulls definitely have the straight line speed.

It won them the race yesterday because le Clerc seemed lightning quick through the fast corners

This should be an interesting weekend. Traditionally the biggest set of upgrades across the grid as the championship arrives in Europe.  Wouldn't surprise me if Merc put themselves back in contention, although as I say they won't be the only ones making changes. It's also when the development race starts to take a toll on the have-nots.

18 hours ago, Chine said:

Looking forward to seeing whether the merc is sorted

Looks like they've figured a few things out. 

But then again they did well in 2nd practice last time out.