Formula One - 2022

BOF

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i find it quite funny, that a showcase of the best racing car manufacturers in the world in Formula 1 (inc. engine manufacturers etc), ie: Mercedes, Ferrari, McClaren, Aston Martin, Renault, Lotus etc, and the team at the cutting edge is a high sugar energy drinks company.

Does nobody see the comical nature in this?, or am i just mad?

Its like having thoroughbred horse racing, to showcase the absolute best of breeding and lineage in the horsing world, but the no.1 competitor is actually a glutinous 3ft tall pig which is overshadowing the thoroughbred steeds......

Well, it’s Honda, who aren’t exactly slouches when it comes to manufacturing quality engines and vehicles. 

And Red Bull haven't been just an Energy Drink company for at least 20 years.

It's a bit like saying Virgin is just a record company

Edited by Stevo985

On 26/04/2022 at 08:32, Genie said:

Lewis getting some grief on social media for this

Feels a bit Monty Burns & Mr Smithers

7x21 monty burns waylon smithers GIF - Find on GIFER

Edited by sne

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Well this looks suitably US of A :lol:

It's a few miles away from actual Marinas. Why not just put the track down there? Mental stuff

EDIT: I've done a Google maps search of "marinas" in Miami - 18 results returned.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm more annoyed by that absolutely gigantic tarmac runoff 

Maybe they can paint it so it looks the same as the water in the fake lagoon :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm more annoyed by that absolutely gigantic tarmac runoff 

Why do you dislike the tarmac out of interest? I’m sure Sainz would have preferred it to the gravel at the weekend.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm guessing that's the idea from that picture.

But in all seriousness, absolutely zero punishment for a mistake on a corner like that. You've run wide? Oh what a shame you've lost two tenths.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Why do you dislike the tarmac out of interest? I’m sure Sainz would have preferred it to the gravel at the weekend.

That's exactly why I dislike it. If you go off the track it should cost you. Tarmac doesn't do that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm guessing that's the idea from that picture.

But in all seriousness, absolutely zero punishment for a mistake on a corner like that. You've run wide? Oh what a shame you've lost two tenths.

It's Florida, there's bound to be a meth lab in that corner by the time it's race day.

Edited by sne
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's exactly why I dislike it. If you go off the track it should cost you. Tarmac doesn't do that.

Fair enough, I think there’s a compromise with the speed pumps they sometimes put in place. I’m not a fan of gravel if there’s space for large run off but I agree there needs to be some deterrent for going onto it.

On 27/04/2022 at 17:34, sne said:

Even the "water" in the fake lagoon is fake. I know that USA is a crazy place but I did not expect that.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 2

Just came across the reason Max is a grade A twunt. Turns out it's Jos that is the reason. A man getting angry with his son for making a mistake in karting. The same man who drove off with the fuel line attached to his car in 1996, two years after being engulfed in flames at a pit-stop.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Surely not. Lewis loves everybody and is the best man ever.

As a person I think Lewis is almost universally disliked. Great driver, but no real friends.

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Mercedes seem to sound confident for this weekend. Hope they've managed to fix some issues.

They must have found that dial that turns the engine up

• Haha 2