Formula One - 2022

BOF

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

For many years Red Bull only made cars that looked like this:

What Was The Red Bull Car? | The Daily Drive | Consumer Guide® The Daily  Drive | Consumer Guide®

Now I'm not saying they copied anyone, but Aston Martin never had cans on their cars. Coincidence? Who knows.

Looks like DRS wasn’t available here

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

Looks like DRS wasn’t available here

HOT was though. Used to get the marketing girls come round work, handing out the free drinks. They had a picture with you to prove they had been. 😛

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

At least the Merc upgrades haven't shot them any closer to the front. Fantastic news, season saved. 

??? Really?

Bahrain, 5th and 9th

Saudi, 6th and 16th

Australia, 5th and 6th

Italy, 11th and 15th

Miami, 6th and 12th

-> Barcelona, 4th and 6th ->  best qualifying of the season so far.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

??? Really?

Bahrain, 5th and 9th

Saudi, 6th and 16th

Australia, 5th and 6th

Italy, 11th and 15th

Miami, 6th and 12th

-> Barcelona, 4th and 6th ->  best qualifying of the season so far.

Barcelona is a very similar track to Australia though. 5th and 6th (fastest Merc 1.012% slower than pole) versus 4th and 6th (fastest Merc 0.992% slower than pole). It's very hard to draw any conclusions based on this one qualifying.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Barcelona is a very similar track to Australia though. 5th and 6th (fastest Merc 1.012% slower than pole) versus 4th and 6th (fastest Merc 0.992% slower than pole). It's very hard to draw any conclusions based on this one qualifying.

But you’re happy to conclude the season is saved and Mercedes haven’t closed the gap, despite the evidence to the contrary :lol: 

Hopefully Merc race pace is good. 3 competitive teams, and 6 great drivers will make for a really exciting season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

But you’re happy to conclude the season is saved and Mercedes haven’t closed the gap, despite the evidence to the contrary :lol: 

Hopefully Merc race pace is good. 3 competitive teams, and 6 great drivers will make for a really exciting season.

I didn't conclude anything in the original post that you quoted😉

In fact I think that it was a bit early to be making conclusions either way about their upgrades. Your second line I agree with though, although I'd prefer Ferrari and Leclerc (actually I would prefer Sainz but Leclerc is just faster) to come out on top at the end.

8 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I didn't conclude anything in the original post that you quoted😉

In fact I think that it was a bit early to be making conclusions either way about their upgrades. Your second line I agree with though, although I'd prefer Ferrari and Leclerc (actually I would prefer Sainz but Leclerc is just faster) to come out on top at the end.

I think Ferrari remain comfortably the best all round package. Red Bull second, but reliability might be their achilleas heel. It’s early days but I think Mercedes have possibly closed the gap to those 2 teams.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm more than petty enough to hope and want the Mercedes to remain as far away from the title battle as possible. 

tenor.gif