Formula One - 2022

BOF

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

Surely not. Lewis loves everybody and is the best man ever.

She comes across as a nice person but is besotted by him . So in man world it leaves me wondering whether he gets the extras ?

It's good to see Hamilton being out performed by his teammate again. Now he has a decent one again. 

So tied on points with Alonso in his first season, had Kovalainan for 2 seasons and beat him easily. Then he was slightly ahead of Button in 2010 (he was 4th Button 5th). He was miles behind Button in 2011 (Button 2nd, Hamilton 5th). He ended 2 points ahead of Button in 2012. 

Then 4 seasons with Rosberg where they are in the dominant car he has the edge but losing a world championship to him. 

Then inferior driver in Bottas and now he has Russel. 

So his teammates are Alonso (nothing to split them). Kovalainan (was inferior), Button (outperformed him in total points in the three seasons). Rosberg (was slightly inferior but still managed to win a title), Bottas (was inferior and "the perfect teammate"), Russell (looks like he'll be better this season).

For all the stats Hamilton has posted in the sport due to the utter dominance of Mercedes. His teammates over the years have shown he can't be considered as one of the best drivers ever in the sport. Vettel too, was dominant for 4 seasons when he had the vastly superior car. We've had an entire decade essentially where there have bene a bunch of good drivers and the car is all that matters.

Where everyone knows if you put Senna or Schumacher in the same car as any of their rivals in their era it would be a no contest. Nobody would have been quicker. I'd say of the recent generation, all in the best car Alonso probably would have edged it given how consistently he our performed his teammates (bar the one season with Hamilton) over the era.

I'm hopeful of a new era with more competitive cars and more people in the title race.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Where everyone knows if you put Senna or Schumacher in the same car as any of their rivals in their era it would be a no contest.

Except when Prost was in the same car as Senna he beat him. Schumacher was the same age Alonso is now when he was getting whooped by Rosberg as well. Need to pick a GOAT who was never beaten to hold up as proof Hamilton is a bum.

Maybe Russell is to Hamilton what Rosberg was to MSC but this season is only 4 races old so I'd probably wait until the Summer break to dance on his grave.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Genie said:

As a person I think Lewis is almost universally disliked. Great driver, but no real friends.

I think it can be explained by the fact he's been in the limelight since very young. He's not had a normal life, so naturally is a bit weird. Never had chance to grow up properly or probably never had anyone say no to them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I think it can be explained by the fact he's been in the limelight since very young. He's not had a normal life, so naturally is a bit weird. Never had chance to grow up properly or probably never had anyone say no to them. 

Like Micheal Jackson you mean 😆

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I don’t mind Hamilton at all, I’m a fan to be honest even though a lot of Brit’s don’t seem to like him for one reason or another but I have to admit he is a bit odd, can’t quite put my finger on what it is though.

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It's good to see Hamilton being out performed by his teammate again. Now he has a decent one again. 

So tied on points with Alonso in his first season, had Kovalainan for 2 seasons and beat him easily. Then he was slightly ahead of Button in 2010 (he was 4th Button 5th). He was miles behind Button in 2011 (Button 2nd, Hamilton 5th). He ended 2 points ahead of Button in 2012. 

Then 4 seasons with Rosberg where they are in the dominant car he has the edge but losing a world championship to him. 

Then inferior driver in Bottas and now he has Russel. 

So his teammates are Alonso (nothing to split them). Kovalainan (was inferior), Button (outperformed him in total points in the three seasons). Rosberg (was slightly inferior but still managed to win a title), Bottas (was inferior and "the perfect teammate"), Russell (looks like he'll be better this season).

For all the stats Hamilton has posted in the sport due to the utter dominance of Mercedes. His teammates over the years have shown he can't be considered as one of the best drivers ever in the sport. Vettel too, was dominant for 4 seasons when he had the vastly superior car. We've had an entire decade essentially where there have bene a bunch of good drivers and the car is all that matters.

Where everyone knows if you put Senna or Schumacher in the same car as any of their rivals in their era it would be a no contest. Nobody would have been quicker. I'd say of the recent generation, all in the best car Alonso probably would have edged it given how consistently he our performed his teammates (bar the one season with Hamilton) over the era.

I'm hopeful of a new era with more competitive cars and more people in the title race.

You can break it down any way you want but the stats and records speak for themself. Best driver ever by almost every measure.

For me the best indicator of his talent was coming into Mclaren and outperforming world champion Alonso to the extent that he decided it was easier to move teams than to deal with the challenge.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Genie said:

Lewis wearing 3 watches at his presser earlier :lol: 

18e4dc7d-2bb8-4fb5-b99f-34278995b4a6.jpg

In case the context has been missed, the watches and extra jewellery are in response to the FIA's rulings on such things.

Same with Vettel wearing his boxers over his suit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1