Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Game's been light and day from Monday. Utd a lot better, pressing more, getting to 2nd balls. We were doing that well on Monday but look slow today. Confidence of the early goal helped, but tone was set from the start.

Our shape seems a bit all over the place as well. Greenwood playing a free role and causing problems.

Least it picked up a bit for a spell with Buendia coming into it and at 0-1 ain't over. Need to come out much stronger though.

Ramsey, Ings and Watkins all been poor and could sub any of them three. Shouldn't have to wait long for a sight of Coutinho.

That wasn't clever. 

Buendia and Sanson have been good, let down by Ramsey and Luiz playing like drongos alongside then. 

Ings and Watkins have both done absolutely nothing. They have been beyond poor and I'd be happy to see either, if not both, subbed off.

Surely a half fit Coutinho offers us more than either of them on current form?!

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

So many overreactions in here. We weren’t great to start the game but come on now. Man U had made it very difficult to progress the ball. Gotta give them credit.

Tbf they've played well shutting us out

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

See, no matter how bad Ramsey plays I see comments like this..I don't get it, fair play it's supporting the young kid so it's admirable but it's pure delusion imo

“In your opinion”! 

Just now, KMitch said:

I'd rather have a 36 year old Ashley Young at left forward than Watkins...  Works hard, but does fook all with the ball once he gets it.  

yeah Watkins he has zero football intelligence imo, and bricks for feet.

When Ings isnt scoring, he contributes nothing. And he isnt scoring so do the math.

How many times have we signed these natural goalscorers who've scored everywhere they've been yet fail as soon as we sign them. Its amazing.

• Like 2

Well that was pretty poor. 

Positives, Buendia, its only one nil.

Sanson has looked OK too, and Digne is definitely an upgrade on Targett 

Ramsey has been awful however, and Ings and Watkins make each other worse. 

I don't get the feeling Coutinho is fit enough for more than 20 25 mins sadly. 

I'd give Chuk a go for Ramsey. Let's see how you good you really are mate. 

• Like 1

Easy to go into VT meltdown but fact is they are ahead due to a clanger and we have had the better chances.

They are more savvy game wise, those early fouls were not including the one that led to tge goal, we don’t go down when we should and do when we shouldn’t.

we could and should be level, the challenge now is whether we BELIEVE we can win this game.  The quality is there, go and get the three points

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So many overreactions in here. We weren’t great to start the game but come on now. Man U had made it very difficult to progress the ball. Gotta give them credit.

What and you weren't expecting utd to make if difficult ?