Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

"Barça will receive around €20m & keep 50% of the players rights."

50% of the players rights? So basically what we're say is if after a year we were to sell him for 20 Million it'd be split 10 mil each between us and Barca? I can live with that....

6 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

"Barça will receive around €20m & keep 50% of the players rights."

50% of the players rights? So basically what we're say is if after a year we were to sell him for 20 Million it'd be split 10 mil each between us and Barca? I can live with that....

i think players rights are merchandising, image rights etc arent they? (not transfer fees)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Didn't the PL do away with partial ownership after the West Ham debacle. 

I don't think that's what this is.  I could be wrong, but it sounds like just a sell on clause.  If we sell Coutinho, Barca get 50% of the fee.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don't think that's what this is.  I could be wrong, but it sounds like just a sell on clause.  If we sell Coutinho, Barca get 50% of the fee.

It’s a sell-on fee which makes sense. The price is an amazing bargain if true. 

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think it’s just Third Party rights to his image etc… so we lose 50% of anything we may get as part of the arrangement pertaining to his image. Although I’m confused as to how that works with him directly because aren’t players allowed to have their own partnerships etc? 

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i think players rights are merchandising, image rights etc arent they? (not transfer fees)

Yeah I was thinking it meant the players image rights. Not player registration

Just now, AshVilla said:

Don't see the point of a sell on clause.

He will finish his career with us.

Whatever makes Barca sleep better at night I guess 20m euro is a bargain.

In case we sell him, then Barca make a bit more money since they are selling him at a reduced price.

Â