Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, MaVilla said:

yeah wow, he said a few things that i totally agree with about Coutinho also....

Yuck, i agreed with Danny Mills lol.

I think he was right tho.

I almost deleted my post after he said his reasoning as he made some really good points 😂

• Haha 1

If everyone can watch the Watkins goal again you’ll see some of what Coutinho brings. He’s been in that position in space on many occasions but the wrong decision has been made by others. 

He always finds dangerous pockets of space we need to be better in being able to find him. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I bet you offered him to the Liverpool fans today they would want him back even though they dont need him anymore. 

Most I know were not disappointed when he left so not sure would take him back today

• Like 1

He is sadly a luxury player we should not be splashing out on. On his day he is brilliant but so far at Villa that day has not been so common. Its best we start Buendia for the rest of the season since he is actually our player

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Was watching the game here in Ireland. Was shown on TV. Two pundits were Damien Delaney and Kevin Doyle and they said we should steer clear of this one and invest in a younger player.  I'm on the fence as it is with Coutinho. His performances have dropped no denying but he's still head and shoulders above the others. So I don't know. Good job I don't make these decisions.

You're a wise man. I want to be wise too, and say the same.

I was in the camp that wanted to sign him permanently and surround him with better players. But he's been very average for many games now, and Buendia has looked better when he has come on. That doesn't mean Buendia is the better player of course, far from it, but I have been disappointed with Coutinhos seeming lack of creativity, like yesterday even with Digne back. I know expectations are high, and all in all I'm pretty undecided with him currently. Let's hope the management makes the right decision.

• Like 1

I'm still in the sign him camp.

You can see his philosophy of trying to make things work, always looking forward and being positive with the ball.

We need both his quality and his name to drive us forward and it may open doors for potential signing of other players.

• Like 1

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm still in the sign him camp.

You can see his philosophy of trying to make things work, always looking forward and being positive with the ball.

We need both his quality and his name to drive us forward and it may open doors for potential signing of other players.

Ye I agree with the last bit particularly. If he was our first permanent summer signing we look pretty attractive then to others.

• Like 1

Can we afford to sign the players that Coutinho needs in order to perform and also afford to sign Coutinho himself? That is surely what the board/ management must work out. 

Currently, we look a better team when Buendia is on the field rather than Coutinho.

Can we improve enough in one summer to make his signing worth while?

• Like 2

Not really an ITK but for what it's worth - I live and work in Delhi and my football academy played against another football acadmy on saturday. My children used to be at the other team's academy pre covid so I know their head of marketing and we got chatting after the match. He has just come back from ther UK because he is also dealing with CAZOO (sister companies - maybe something to do with Apollo tyres who are heavily involved with the academy he is dealing with here and who used to have links with Albion). He's always int he UK, and told me that he was part of the Cazoo shirt sponsorship talks. Cazoo aren't going with Everton next season and we are negotiating a deal with them, but we want £1.5m. cazoo aren't keen to go that high and he said that Villa were using as a marketing tool that we have gerrard and Coutinho and the returns sponsors will get back on that alone.

Obviously that doesn't mean that we will be signing Coutinho for next season and may be using his name just to get the best deal we want...Or, we have alreayd taken the decision to keep him and want the money from spnsors to be associated with a top class player.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, peterw said:

Not really an ITK but for what it's worth - I live and work in Delhi and my football academy played against another football acadmy on saturday. My children used to be at the other team's academy pre covid so I know their head of marketing and we got chatting after the match. He has just come back from ther UK because he is also dealing with CAZOO (sister companies - maybe something to do with Apollo tyres who are heavily involved with the academy he is dealing with here and who used to have links with Albion). He's always int he UK, and told me that he was part of the Cazoo shirt sponsorship talks. Cazoo aren't going with Everton next season and we are negotiating a deal with them, but we want £1.5m. cazoo aren't keen to go that high and he said that Villa were using as a marketing tool that we have gerrard and Coutinho and the returns sponsors will get back on that alone.

Obviously that doesn't mean that we will be signing Coutinho for next season and may be using his name just to get the best deal we want...Or, we have alreayd taken the decision to keep him and want the money from spnsors to be associated with a top class player.

1.5m???? Unless you mean £15m a season? 

• Like 1

On 01/05/2022 at 01:37, Zatman said:

He is sadly a luxury player we should not be splashing out on. On his day he is brilliant but so far at Villa that day has not been so common. Its best we start Buendia for the rest of the season since he is actually our player

Yes I agree. Think we can see why he failed at Barcelona. Too intermittent a player.  

On 01/05/2022 at 01:34, Zatman said:

Most I know were not disappointed when he left so not sure would take him back today

Same. A brilliant player 'on his day' yes, but worth £150M, no chance. This Liverpool team progressed and have become what they are now because of this transfer. Shame we couldn't do the same upon selling our stellar talent.

27 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Same. A brilliant player 'on his day' yes, but worth £150M, no chance. This Liverpool team progressed and have become what they are now because of this transfer. Shame we couldn't do the same upon selling our stellar talent.

He was worth that as that was the price Liverpool was willing to let him go. Same with Grealish with us.

A big problem here is what the signing means for buendia. 

Whats to say he wont grow to be the same level of player Coutinho was(is?), but he certainly won't unless he's given the opportunity. 

• Like 1

Â