Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

I took Gerrards comments to mean we have the option but the agreed wages are big. We just need to commit to them and he's ours. 

There was no intimation at all that someone else can come in, it's down to us to pay the dosh. 

Plus he needs to want to be here. As someone said earlier, it would be silly to force him into the £x a week deal of he just plain doesn't want to be here. 

Edited by sidcow

26 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I’m one of those who thought it would take a while for him to get up to speed given the long time he had out before coming to us. 

The scary thing is I still feel he’s got more levels to go up and he still scored/assisted in virtually every game. 

I think everyone else around him have some more levels to go up. And once they do, we'll see Coutinho at his best!

36 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I thought we had an option to buy at an agreed price.

Do we actually know the terms on which he joined us?

Heard Gregg Evans say on the 1874 Pod cast with Bardell, that fee and wages have already been set apparently. Rest is up to us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Great that he did this, terribly wholesome content. 

Try not to worry about him staying until the summer lads, until then just drink it in that he's actually at Villa. Each passing game is somehow making it even harder to believe when it should be the opposite. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Coutinho well and truly supercedes Grealish IMO. Not sure how to explain it, but Coutinho isn't just a one man show, his brilliance brings the whole team into the game, and makes everyone better.

Perfectly said. Grealish was one (very) good player. Phil elevates the entire team.

• Like 2

Comparing Coutinho to peak Jack, I think Jack was still a significantly better creator last season. However Coutinho is a much bigger goal threat than Jack ever was. I'd choose current Coutinho over peak Jack Grealish. 

If he maintains this form til the end of the season, we'd be fools to not trigger the option. But that's a significant if.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Comparing Coutinho to peak Jack, I think Jack was still a significantly better creator last season. However Coutinho is a much bigger goal threat than Jack ever was. I'd choose current Coutinho over peak Jack Grealish. 

If he maintains this form til the end of the season, we'd be fools to not trigger the option. But that's a significant if.

Id have couts over grealish any day of the week. Some of the things he does is incredible. Honestly sign him up!

His wages might be a big issue but im sure he can tak a pay cut to join us. Obviously we wont make a profit of ee sign him as he is 29 but who cares if he gets us back into europe or wins us trophies?

3 hours ago, vreitti said:

He's never in hurry this chap, yet play never stalls when he's on the ball. The mark of a genuine footballer. 

There's a saying in motorsports that slow is smooth and smooth is fast. I think it definitely applies to Coutinho.

He's so slow, controlled and smooth with everything he does that it allows him to make things happen very quickly

Was thinking before the game we've seen all his best performances at Villa Park but away from home his been quiet. He was quality last night and I just love watching him play. Regardless of what happens in the summer, i'm just going to enjoy watching him for the next 11 games. 

Â