Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Since Coutinho has come in we’ve started to pull the ball back a lot more to the penalty spot area from wider areas.

We can get even more goals if the supporting players can attack that in between space a little more often.

Ings, Ramsey and Coutinho seem to be the only players getting into that space often currently.

What do you know?

Coutinho proving all the naysayers about him emulating form of Liverpool days on account of his age and how he fared at Barcelona and Bayern.

Told ya he could do it. Don't take it personally but it was borderline idiotic to write him off as a flop at Barcelona without looking into what exactly happened and the bigger picture at Barcelona. I guess people are fine with the narrative that his performances didn't justify the money and therefore it was all his fault that he didn't outdo Neymar on the left wing position, when he was actually promised the role that iniesta had at Barcelona when he signed for them. 

He's no flop, you'll see him back at the top.

Stay healthy and I reckon he goes on to continue doing just the same as he did against Southampton. 

I dont think its too much to say that was up there with one of the best all round individual performances seen at Villa Park in a long time. Jack with 2 goals and 3 assists and creating countless other chances in the 7-2 was right up there, but had Coutinho scored the hat trick his performance deserved, it would have been one of the best performances of all time by a Villa player. Absolutely everything he did is dripping with class and finesse. 7 games into his Villa career and he’s proving to be one of, if not, the best player to don our colours. Cant wait to see what the future holds. There’s ballers, then there’s that level above that- he’s there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I dont think its too much to say that was up there with one of the best all round individual performances seen at Villa Park in a long time. Jack with 2 goals and 3 assists and creating countless other chances in the 7-2 was right up there, but had Coutinho scored the hat trick his performance deserved, it would have been one of the best performances of all time by a Villa player. Absolutely everything he did is dripping with class and finesse. 7 games into his Villa career and he’s proving to be one of, if not, the best player to don our colours. Cant wait to see what the future holds. There’s ballers, then there’s that level above that- he’s there.

Says a lot about our recruitment until recently, doesn’t it, ha ha? Solid, dependable but ultimately unexciting for most part, though we’ve done pretty well with defenders (McGrath, Laursen, Mellberg). The likes of Brian Little also deserve a lot more credit than they get, but, yes, we’ve never had a player as world-class as Coutinho.

10 hours ago, A'Villan said:

What do you know?

Coutinho proving all the naysayers about him emulating form of Liverpool days on account of his age and how he fared at Barcelona and Bayern.

Told ya he could do it. Don't take it personally but it was borderline idiotic to write him off as a flop at Barcelona without looking into what exactly happened and the bigger picture at Barcelona. I guess people are fine with the narrative that his performances didn't justify the money and therefore it was all his fault that he didn't outdo Neymar on the left wing position, when he was actually promised the role that iniesta had at Barcelona when he signed for them. 

He's no flop, you'll see him back at the top.

Stay healthy and I reckon he goes on to continue doing just the same as he did against Southampton. 

He was far from being a flop at Bayern. The demands at that club are always absurdly high and he wasn’t brilliant enough to make Bayern want to buy him, but looking back at his time there he was pretty damn good a lot of the time.

Barcelona is another and sadder story.

• Like 1

20 odd years after missing out on Juninho, it is wonderful to finally see a world class Brazilian play at '10' at VP.

Magician. 

• Like 2

Â