Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, AvonVillain said:

I don't, and have never had a Sky subscription, and know nothing of what the current coverage is over these two players, but can guarantee we are being disrespected.

It's a bit like a bunch of unknowledgeable clowns with small Willys who are pitching their crap talk at 16yr old middle East noobs who've only ever heard of around 6 football teams ever.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

NUFC have signed a 31 year old Trippier, we’ve signed a 28 year old Coutinho… they’re completely incomparable 

Coutinho is 29. He'll turn 30 in June which is before we can sign him on a permanent basis. If we do sign him and give him, say, 3 years  then his resale value is practically zero at the end of his contract.  

I'm sceptical about this deal.  Clearly Coutinho is a wonderful player, I don't think he's as good as Jack Grealish was so I don't subscribe to the idea that we are buying someone who is better than anything we've seen down Villa years and I wonder where he fits into the side.   If you look at heat maps for him then he occupies the spot that Grealish vacated on the left hand side.   He's not going to contribute much defensively at all which exposes Matt Targett even more.   It's probably good news for JJ Ramsey if we need legs and energy on the left but I don't see how the £100m we spent in the summer on Ings, Buendia and Bailey gets on the pitch if Coutinho is in the squad.  If Watkins plays then only one of the three summer signings gets into the team, I think it's probably Buendia if we use him on the right with Ollie in the middle and Coutinho on the left.   Do we try and sell Bailey in the summer?  

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Looking at Coutinho's positions he seems to play often in the middle...

However, Sky have been showing his goals at Liverplop and he seems to be left-side and then drift in and on to his right foot.

He's likely going to play left-side presumably?

It will probably be centre-left, as Gerrard likes the full backs to provide the width. Buendia will probably be the centre-right option, with Watkins up top. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah but he would also be 30 years old by that time?

True, and with just a year left on his contract maybe it is quite a lot to pay. All depends on how he plays though, if he’s nothing special then it won’t matter anyway. If he’s outstanding then we’ve got a deal if we want it.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They virtually ignored it at 10.00.

Had a 10 minute segment with 2 journalists on Tripier, talked about what's next for Newcastle then the anchor mentioned Coutinho before cutting to ad break :bang:

Not to mention the random 20 minutes on Man Utd being dogsh*t. They're on it again now. Two massive signings happening this morning and the still find time to talk about Man Utd.

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

same age as de bruyne.

it's really not that old

I am still playing and I am 51. In saying that, it’s the Paisley and District Over 45’s league third division reserve league B. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

That's not true. What is the Breaking News across the bottom of the screen? Coutinho has a permanent banner and Trippier is in small font scrolling across the screen with other shyte. The single most discussed story for the last 24 hrs has been Villa and Coutinho. They kept repeat the Gerrard interview yesterday too.

All the actual coverage I have seen has been about Trippier.  We have the banner but the talk is elsewhere.  it's actually quite weird,.

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

same age as de bruyne.

it's really not that old

Depends on the player and how he takes care of his body. Injuries also plays a massive part.

De Bruyne is a top professional, someone like Grealish is not, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Grealish start to heavily decline when he hit 30

Edited by villalad21

Â