Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, sne said:

So does that mean we have somehow managed to come to an agreement on what Coutinho's future salary with us will be if we choose to sign him?

Really interested to find out what this would be. Felt like the biggest hurdle for me that.

i'm not claiming to be an expert but an article i read a while ago that i can't be bothered to find indicated that's what happens

4 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

If there's an option to buy, typically a fee with Barcelona would already be agreed and it's entirely on us whether we want to activate it. 

I assume Coutinho could still say no but not sure. 

Yep, the player can still say no. It’s happened before. 

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

A huge huge signing. 

Just to temper some of the excitement. 

Been watching a few of his outings for Barcelona in this season. He looks pretty shit to be fair. 😂Ability is definitely still there but looks short on confidence and sharpness. So going to need a bit of love from Gerrard and a good run in the team before we see the best of him. Hope the fans stick with him because I think it'll take him a little while to see the best of him.

Expectations are going to be so high. Probably the highest profile player we have ever signed.

Tim Vickey, Brazilian based English journalist said he spoke to other Brazilian coaches and they all say the same thing about his personality. He is painfully shy. He’s not going to go into any dressing room with swagger. There was a lot of big personalities in that Liverpool dressing room at the time. Maybe he just feel comfortable been that guy in the Barca dressing room. 

Just now, tomav84 said:

i'm not claiming to be an expert but an article i read a while ago that i can't be bothered to find indicated that's what happens

Yeah sorry not having a go at you. Just really interested in how we are going to find a middle ground with his agent since the Barca contract is so massive.

Also interested how the deal is with the temporarily reduced salaries that the Barca players agreed to last year is gonna be handled. They still owe him for that unless he agreed to forfeit that, think some players did.

That's a problem for Barca to work out but still interesting to me.

• Like 1

Â