Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, phily85 said:

I'm not sure but I always thought on deals like this. The option to buy fee was agreed with player and club and it's just a case of us deciding to activate it at the end of the season

Who knows ? - could be as tight as you suggest or a more informal 'we will see how he does' ? 

1 minute ago, MCU said:

Is there a way we can play both him and Buendia? Both suited as CAM's aren't they...

Given Gerrard plays with two number 10s I'd say he fits right in

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I had to dig around but I managed to find it, not sure if it's been posted before...

FB_IMG_1641548581107.jpg

This is obviously photoshopped, no way Davis scored a goal

• Haha 1

Could someone please explain the furore around the "option to buy"? 

I get that it means we have a pre-arranged price in place if we want to buy the player. However, what if another team decide they want him too and offer more money? Surely either Barca can accept the higher bid also, or Coutinho can simply say no to us and then force Barca into accepting the other offer? 

Ergo, I don't get it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Don_Simon said:

I get that it means we have a pre-arranged price in place if we want to buy the player. However, what if another team decide they want him too and offer more money? Surely either Barca can accept the higher bid also, or Coutinho can simply say no to us and then force Barca into accepting the other offer? 

Ergo, I don't get it. 

The option means we have a guaranteed price to buy him. Other teams can bid and offer more wages but our bid will be accepted anyway 

13 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Sky doing their very best to take the jam out of my doughnut here. Disrespectful bunch of clearings in the woods.

New narrative will now be that no-one else wanted him and he is now a bit rubbish

Already hating it....adding why would he want to join the villa...championship three years ago.

1. Most of the league have a had a stint in the championship 

2. Unless you are city liverpool or Chelsea everyone else is just making the numbers.

3. We are actually a big club...bigger than some of the clubs who have been given big club status.

I've switched it off already 😡😀

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Ergo, I don't get it. 

If there's an option to buy, typically a fee with Barcelona would already be agreed and it's entirely on us whether we want to activate it. 

I assume Coutinho could still say no but not sure. 

Ergo, I don't get it. 

They will have fixed a price at which we can buy him uncontested at the end of the loan if we want. So another team can't just sign him for more, we have the option to buy him first, for the agreed amount.

Kind of like how City could ahve bought Douglas Luiz for £25m or whatever.

Ergo, I don't get it. 

Means we have first bite of the apple and a pre agreed figure so if another club entered negotiations in theory we are a week ahead of everyone, we also get to see him in training every day so we aren't scouting him anymore it's more like a prolonged trial 

Depends what the figure is obviously and what you say is true he can still say no, bayern had one too he played well there but they didnt take it 

Â