Pre match thread

ender4

30 minutes ago, Farlz said:

What were all the covid worries about :lol:

It's basically full strength 

I think it must've just been loads of close contacts rather than most of them bed ridden by covid for a few days.

Isolation of 7 days or whatever ended so we're good to go. Just a question of how much training this group have done together but we do have some reasonable impact options on the bench.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Would be more confident if Lukaku wasn't on the bench.

He's usually the difference against us as was the case in September when we played really well but Ollie missed too many chances and he didn't.

Then Ollie had better not make the same mistake. 

19 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I know a handful of people in this position. I imagine it’s not that uncommon. The number of cases in the country right now is high so people are going to get it multiple times.

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I really can't fathom how a double jabbed/boosted guy who's had covid twice(?) already has got it again?

I've had it twice. Once before the jabs and once since. The jabs don't really stop transmission particularly more a case of reducing severity.

Hopefully, SJM will be back and full of vigour for the next game. Think we will miss his energy today though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I really can't fathom how a double jabbed/boosted guy who's had covid twice(?) already has got it again?

Omicron is so far removed from the previous versions that previous infection with them doesn't protect against Omicron.  The same reasons why 2 previous vaccine doses aren't much help either which is why they've been pretty constant in preaching about a third does being needed. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1