Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Just now, penguin said:

What were you expecting? They are one of the best sides in the world and a point isn’t out the realms of possibility.

More. 

Game has been played in our half the entire game. Loss was alway going to be the the outcome. 

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

The positive thing is that we seem to be much better defensively under the new regime, and it most games we do score and carry a goal threat. This gives me great confidence going into the norwich game on tuesday and then burnley at home on saturday. They should be games we look to dominate from the off, as liverpool have today, and we need to aim to put those 2 teams, both in the relegation zone, under the cosh the same way we have been today

Goal threat today ?

Pretty much zero 

Just now, El Zen said:

That’s not answering the question, is it?

No I haven't answered an impossible question about what might have happened if some hypothetical situation occurred 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Jesus we've spent the whole match moaning about the self entitled Liverpool fans then when we give away a clear cut penalty we're all complaining that it's just a fix. 

Get a grip folks. 

I think it’s a pen but the constant desire of their attacking players to go down as soon as they’re in the box is pretty ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

Curious as to what might be going on in here. We’ve played as wel as we can expect. Shame about the pen but it was absolutely stonewall and I think Mings has otherwise been good (and I very rarely say that). 

it’s Liverpool at anfield. What do you expect. They’re going to win the league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, penguin said:

I hate this guy with a passion. I hope I never have the misfortune of hearing him “commentate” again. Bet he’s wearing his Liverpool underpants.

Sounds like he wears a West Ham/Liverpool half and half to the pub

Just now, hippo said:

Goal threat today ?

Pretty much zero 

unfortunately today wasnt one of those games where we carry a goal threat, but we do in most games. I reckon we are good value for 2 wins in our next 2 games. Gerrard said befor coming in that we were top 8 in terms of scoring goals, it was the other end of the pitch we had difficulties.