Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Just now, villalad21 said:

Reminiscent of how we looked under Smith. 

Poorest I've seen us been under  Gerrard so far. 

What were you expecting? They are one of the best sides in the world and a point isn’t out the realms of possibility.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Jesus we've spent the whole match moaning about the self entitled Liverpool fans then when we give away a clear cut penalty we're all complaining that it's just a fix. 

Get a grip folks. 

I’ll repeat. Do we get that pen down the other end? Do we f***.

Edited by El Zen

The positive thing is that we seem to be much better defensively under the new regime, and it most games we do score and carry a goal threat. This gives me great confidence going into the norwich game on tuesday and then burnley at home on saturday. They should be games we look to dominate from the off, as liverpool have today, and we need to aim to put those 2 teams, both in the relegation zone, under the cosh the same way we have been today

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Jesus we've spent the whole match moaning about the self entitled Liverpool fans then when we give away a clear cut penalty we're all complaining that it's just a fix. 

Get a grip folks. 

Don’t think it was a pen. Grip is just fine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We've played well enough today. Liverpool are on fire atm. If we were a bit better on the ball whilst being this organized we could have hurt them a few times now. That will come though

To me we stuck 11 behind the ball and booted it downfield.

Without Emi this would 4-0 

We've been awful today.

• Like 1

Ultimately, it's a 50/50 tussle and Mings loses his footing before tumbling into Salah who leaves his leg dangling looking for contact. You can see why it's given, but the idea that it was anything other than a stroke of fortune for them is totally reasonable. Targett left Mings exposed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Commentators putting Nancy Reagan to shame with the treatment they're giving Liverpool.

They even tried to claim that Martinez saves penalties because he’s inspired by Bruce fookin Grobbelar! 

So biased it’s disgusting. 

• Haha 3