V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

On 09/11/2023 at 00:17, MaVilla said:

blimey.

so we are late to the game, and the game just got banned 😜

I'm pretty sure that Villa voted in favour of banning loans into the PL between clubs that have some kind of ownership link (according to the list the BBC reported the other day).  Which suggests that either (a) we are specifically worried about Newcastle exploiting this "loophole" in January or (b) we aren't looking to create an exploitative model whereby we can dodge FFP rules through V-Sports partnerships.  The way that we've announced links in the past have always suggested that there will be upsides to all clubs and that all clubs will be able to benefit from the relationship moving forwards.  I might be being a bit naive / optimistic in the ethical intentions of our owners.  But I have definitely read into this that we are trying to doing things the right way and this isn't just a glorified pyramid scheme to only benefit Villa. 

On a slightly different tack - does anyone know whether the club shop are selling kits / merchandise from other clubs in the V-Sports network?  I couldn't find anything on the on-line store.  I'd definitely be interested in buying something - just as I would hope that maybe Zed supporters might be tempted to buy a Villa kit.  I don't suppose that either will revolutionise the finances of any clubs but it would still be a nice way to start raising profiles in other countries.  Is there any restriction from Fanatics involved in this (as I think I read that they get the profits from shirt sales as part of their deal with the club)?

7 minutes ago, allani said:

On a slightly different tack - does anyone know whether the club shop are selling kits / merchandise from other clubs in the V-Sports network?  I couldn't find anything on the on-line store.  I'd definitely be interested in buying something - just as I would hope that maybe Zed supporters might be tempted to buy a Villa kit.  I don't suppose that either will revolutionise the finances of any clubs but it would still be a nice way to start raising profiles in other countries.  Is there any restriction from Fanatics involved in this (as I think I read that they get the profits from shirt sales as part of their deal with the club)?

Unlikely. I don't think that the club run the shop. Might be one to get OBE to ask at the next meeting for when the are looking at whatever comes next for the club shop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allani said:

I'm pretty sure that Villa voted in favour of banning loans into the PL between clubs that have some kind of ownership link (according to the list the BBC reported the other day).  Which suggests that either (a) we are specifically worried about Newcastle exploiting this "loophole" in January or (b) we aren't looking to create an exploitative model whereby we can dodge FFP rules through V-Sports partnerships.  The way that we've announced links in the past have always suggested that there will be upsides to all clubs and that all clubs will be able to benefit from the relationship moving forwards.  I might be being a bit naive / optimistic in the ethical intentions of our owners.  But I have definitely read into this that we are trying to doing things the right way and this isn't just a glorified pyramid scheme to only benefit Villa. 

I think the Newcastle (possibly Chelsea, knowing their sketchy owenership) situation is different to almost all other examples in that the other teams that clubs link up with don't have the financial clout of the Saudi teams where they can buy top class talent willy-nilly, or have FFP in their own league to contend with.  I can't see us getting Vissel Kobe or Vitoria to buy a £40m+ PL player and sending them to us really.

4 hours ago, limpid said:

Unlikely. I don't think that the club run the shop. Might be one to get OBE to ask at the next meeting for when the are looking at whatever comes next for the club shop.

Am I completely imagining them selling some browns gear when Lerner owned us? 

It would be about right that most seasons you cant get villa stuff in M but I'd have no problem getting a vissel kobe shirt from them... 

Honestly can't see myself starting to support or care about a bunch of new clubs just because our owners owns them too or because we are affiliated with them. That's not how my interest for football and sports work.

Vissel Kobe start selling Villa merch in their store? Great, more exposure for us in a new market. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sne said:

Honestly can't see myself starting to support or care about a bunch of new clubs just because our owners owns them too or because we are affiliated with them. That's not how my interest for football and sports work.

Vissel Kobe start selling Villa merch in their store? Great, more exposure for us in a new market. 

Same, 20 years ago I would but my interest in non villa football has died off

Other than friendlies vs them (no Vegas team is a shame obviously) I'm not that bothered 

• Like 2

Great move for all concerned, Villa family and hopefully Emery is here long-term.

How about a pre-season tournament with Real Unión, Vissel Kobe, ZED FC and Vitória Sport Clube?

Don't we have a good relationship with Bayer Leverkusen, possibly invite them too?

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Great move for all concerned, Villa family and hopefully Emery is here long-term.

How about a pre-season tournament with Real Unión, Vissel Kobe, ZED FC and Vitória Sport Clube?

Don't we have a good relationship with Bayer Leverkusen, possibly invite them too?

Great move for all concerned.  As for preseason, we should do what’s best for the squad not a family get together tournament if that’s not best.  Preparing best for the season is all that matters, if that’s a family tournament then fine but if not then don’t do it.

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Good that this strengthens ties with Unai but just hopefully there is no financial fair play shenanigans when it comes to his renumeration.

If it’s within the rules then we should take advantage because we need every advantage. If it’s in the rules I reiterate.

Â