V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

27 minutes ago, sne said:

I like us working with other clubs and exchanging ideas, players and so on. I hate us buying other clubs and especially changing their names or colours like some sort of poor mans City group or Red Bull wannabees. 

Well we haven't changed anyone's name or colours, and the only suggestion of it here is a running joke. 

The clubs we Co own have done so through a vote that they approved. There's not much bad seemingly happened, and we've sent players on loan to one of them. 

Agree that not owning and just having an agreement is preferred if we can rely on them though :)

• Like 1

You'd assume that a stake in an Australian club could end up having a similar academy player link that we have with Real Union, where we send them around three players (the max you can make to a single club) a season.

City don't seem to do that with their Australian club, Melbourne City though: I'm not sure of the work permit rules for footballers over there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

You'd assume that a stake in an Australian club could end up having a similar academy player link that we have with Real Union, where we send them around three players (the max you can make to a single club) a season.

City don't seem to do that with their Australian club, Melbourne City though: I'm not sure of the work permit rules for footballers over there.

Didn't we send someone on loan to a team in Australia a few years back?  I can't remember who and maybe they had an Aussie passport.  But that would suggest that it should be possible.  As I said before I think it looks like it would have benefits for both the men's and women's teams.

40 minutes ago, allani said:

Didn't we send someone on loan to a team in Australia a few years back?  I can't remember who and maybe they had an Aussie passport.  But that would suggest that it should be possible.  As I said before I think it looks like it would have benefits for both the men's and women's teams.

Ross Mccormack

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Ross Mccormack

I'd blanked him from my memory bank!  Sending Ross to Australia was probably covered by the same guidelines that we used 150 odd years ago to send convicts down under - so probably doesn't help with the work permit side of things. 😉😂

I was thinking that we'd sent a young defender there too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/02/2024 at 11:16, PeterSw said:

The Canberra Villans. Unless they want to misspell it again...

Looks good on the CV 

Don't know if it's bin dunne.....

Not part of the V Sports group, but there is an Aston Villa that play in the Antigua and Barbuda Premier Division. I noticed this while browsing through Flashscore

Antigua and Barbuda Premier Division Wiki

From searching the web, there's not a great deal of information about them that i can find. They don't appear to have there own website or a Facebook page.

They are in 5th place at the moment. Click here for the latest table.

Clearly there must be some sort of affinity to us with the name and the badge. Perhaps an exiled Villa fan maybe?

spacer.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

They need to invest in Jamaican Football it seems Leon not happy with the unprofessional set up.

A whole load of natural talent... Absolute garbage association and setup

Even the best women ( Shaw from Man City ) and so on have stopped playing as well for similar reasons.

41 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Not part of the V Sports group, but there is an Aston Villa that play in the Antigua and Barbuda Premier Division. I noticed this while browsing through Flashscore

From searching the web, there's not a great deal of information about them that i can find. They don't appear to have there own website or a Facebook page.

Clearly there must be some sort of affinity to us with the name and the badge. Perhaps an exiled Villa fan maybe?

spacer.png

Guess who has the better badge

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, imavillan said:

spacer.png

Somebody is getting sued tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

UEFA have now relaxed the rules on multi club ownership playing in the same tournament

You cant make it up

Obvious question is who is this to the benefit of next season?

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Man City and Girona will probably be playing Champions League

The Man City fans cry that big daddy UEFA is after them too. 🤣 UEFA is the biggest supporter of Manchester City . "But the cartel is trying to shut us down" - Please! Man Shitty are the cartel.

Edited by Villa_Vids

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

UEFA have now relaxed the rules on multi club ownership playing in the same tournament

You cant make it up

It'll actually end up being an inconvenience for City and United next season, as opposed to this season where they were just pretty much picking fights with us and Brighton. So of course they'll back off.

Â