V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

The idea seems to be the top end guys come to us but in exchange these other clubs end up with more of the next rung down of players because of that connection. 

That's how I see it too

The top 5 talents in Egypt have an offer from Zed and an offer from zamalek, zamalek are a bigger team so of course they will join them... But now Zed not only have good facilities as villa have helped them invest but they have a proven route to the PL that zamalek don't

In reality maybe 1 of those 5 make it to Villa, the other 4 break through at Zed, in theory we get the cream but zed still get a worthwhile benefit, we both win

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Looks like Real Union, which Emery owns (and is controlled by his brother), is entering the V Sports network. Basque club in the third tier of Spanish football.

https://www.noticiasdegipuzkoa.eus/futbol/2023/11/06/aston-villa-ultima-entrada-real-union-7477648.html

thats very interesting.

• Like 1

This IMO  is very exciting news for us and obviously Real Union as well as if it gives us a shot at young Basque talent and them the chance to learn and grow. That’s now Senegal via the academy Egypt, Portugal, Japan via the Vissel Kobe strategic link up and now Spain. just the  MLS & then South America next please and we will have a foothold across the globe for the best emerging talent. 

Cue the usual moaners yearning for a bygone era. …

• Like 1

It seems like they've been quite closely tied to Real Sociedad over the years but they're ending this affiliation to join the V Sports network. No suggestion whether it's a partnership or a stake, although I'd presume it'd be the former

Edited by wishywashy

There are many things about professional football I loathe, but having partnerships with other clubs around the world, is, in principle, one I struggle to see too much wrong with, like fundamentally it doesn't seem much different to I dunno, 'twinned' cities having exchange programmes, or business' working together for mutually beneficial outcomes. It's been around for a while.  Obviously with all the money in football, there are power imbalance concerns, and I think it does need to be monitored and regulated to prevent the kind of exploitation or nonsense with Watford. Like, a maximum number of players in a connected group being part of either the youth team or first set up at clubs for example. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

There are many things about professional football I loathe, but having partnerships with other clubs around the world, is, in principle, one I struggle to see too much wrong with, like fundamentally it doesn't seem much different to I dunno, 'twinned' cities having exchange programmes, or business' working together for mutually beneficial outcomes. It's been around for a while.  Obviously with all the money in football, there are power imbalance concerns, and I think it does need to be monitored and regulated to prevent the kind of exploitation or nonsense with Watford. Like, a maximum number of players in a connected group being part of either the youth team or first set up at clubs for example. 

Because it's not partnership. That, I think is fair enough.

It's the same ownership. Man City own 12 or whatever clubs. If they want to knock down their stadiums and build a Manchester City academy, then can.

• Like 2

Just googled Real Union and its quite amusing to see they are quite identical to us in their own league table. They dont like to draw either

Oh and if I get the latest FM, i know who I will start my career with.

Edited by HongKongVillan

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Because it's not partnership. That, I think is fair enough.

It's the same ownership. Man City own 12 or whatever clubs. If they want to knock down their stadiums and build a Manchester City academy, then can.

This.

It's not even close to a "partnership". Are we going to give Real Union or Zed FC first option on Moussa Diaby? Maybe. Would Pau Torres ever in a billion years to there? No.

This is a takeover disguised as "learning from each other".

However, as rightly said by others, everyone is doing it and if we have to do it to keep up, I guess, so be it.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

This is a takeover disguised as "learning from each other".

It really isn't. There isn't a financial transaction for a start. 

No owner in their right mind is going to just give up control of their asset without a serous financial investment. There would also be an obligation to publically announce any change in ownership, as happened with Vitoria. 

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

No owner in their right mind is going to just give up control of their asset without a serous financial investment. There would also be an obligation to publically announce any change in ownership, as happened with Vitoria. 

Disagree. On we go. 

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Definitely a financial transaction. Seriously what benefit for them to be in the partnership without it being financial

We are No different to the City model. If Newcastle were doing similar then would be uproar

Â