V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Thats an incredibly arrogant answer for people that dont want football teams that are mainly working class to be owned by countries or major corporations

You might as well start following a league two team then

Its happening now and cant change it unfortunately 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Then watch another sport that’s antiquated or deal with it ! …

Or, you know, not do any of those things? 

Football belongs to the people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

Well, not with that attitude. 

But why can’t I love Aston Villa and still hate modern football? 

Its not about "attitude" is it ? Its been like this for many many years.

Footballs a business has been a while its nothing we havent known for the last 20 years

Edited by Demitri_C

13 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Who will be next? 

Veracruz in Mexico?

Viking or Valarenga in Norway?

Viktoria Plzen in Czechia?

Viborg in Denmark? 

Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS?

the link to the Japanese league is very exciting though! 

All of the above 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not about "attitude" is it ? Its been like this for many many years.

Footballs a business has been a while its nothing we havent known for the last 20 years

‘Can’t change it’ is an attitude. And I refuse to be lulled into it. 

My main gripe with multi club models is when clubs are taken over and put into these models as 'feeders' without their supporters having no say (777 Partners). So far this has been entirely avoided in V Sports: Vitoria is still majority supporter-owned and had to vote to approve the arrangement several times in the first place, they could kick us out if they felt they were getting shafted by us.

To be honest I think there's a clear plan in mind with V Sports, which you can't say for a lot of multi club models to be honest. Rather than be everything all at once, from what Vitoria's president and some articles have alluded to, I get the impression the overarching goal is to create this large worldwide academy network more than anything else. You've got clubs/academies in Egypt, Japan and Senegal who now have established pathways to European football in Villa and Vitoria.

It's not like Villa now have any sway over how Vissel Kobe operates or anything, but having that set in stone pathway to European football (to both Villa AND Vitoria being key here) is obviously a huge selling point and advantage for these clubs. And for their trouble they get close access to a Premier League team's resources.

Saying that, the Vitoria issues with UEFA seems to have been a bit of a fiasco. Perhaps between that and the failed bid for an MLS team they've changed up their strategy a little bit. I'm sure I read before we signed him that Omar Khedr from ZED was going to sign for Vitoria a few months back, but clearly we must have decided that he should go straight to us when UEFA blocked that Vitoria --> Villa pathway for at least a season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't fully understand this deal, but if we aren't actually buying them (or a chunk of them) it's not so bad IMO. My main objection is to owning multiple clubs. 

Absolutely, but still, I want no part of this whole trend. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, El Zen said:

‘Can’t change it’ is an attitude. And I refuse to be lulled into it. 

The issue is now if you want villa to be successful you have to do things like this.

If not we fall behind and just become a everton or a palace.

We all would prefer it to be back like it was in the 80s or 90s but its sinply not gonna happen. Thats not attitude thats realism im afraid

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wishywashy said:

My main gripe with multi club models is when clubs are taken over and put into these models as 'feeders' without their supporters having no say (777 Partners). So far this has been entirely avoided in V Sports: Vitoria is still majority supporter-owned and had to vote to approve the arrangement several times in the first place, they could kick us out if they felt they were getting shafted by us.

To be honest I think there's a clear plan in mind with V Sports, which you can't say for a lot of multi club models to be honest. Rather than be everything all at once, from what Vitoria's president and some articles have alluded to, I get the impression the overarching goal is to create this large worldwide academy network more than anything else. You've got clubs/academies in Egypt, Japan and Senegal who now have established pathways to European football in Villa and Vitoria.

It's not like Villa now have any sway over how Vissel Kobe operates or anything, but having that set in stone pathway to European football (to both Villa AND Vitoria being key here) is obviously a huge selling point and advantage for these clubs. And for their trouble they get close access to a Premier League team's resources.

Saying that, the Vitoria issues with UEFA seems to have been a bit of a fiasco. Perhaps between that and the failed bid for an MLS team they've changed up their strategy a little bit. I'm sure I read before we signed him that Omar Khedr from ZED was going to sign for Vitoria a few months back, but clearly we must have decided that he should go straight to us when UEFA blocked that Vitoria --> Villa pathway for at least a season.

I think we changed the plan with Khedr because the Premier League relaxed its rule about signing players on points based system, you're now allowed up to four per season that don't need to qualify. So whereas before it wouldn't have been possible without sending him to Vitoria first, we were now able to sign him directly ourselves.

• Like 1

Can’t believe a major Japanese club willingly signed a partnership deal with us. Some people need to not act like we just bought them out like Red Bull - that’s a problem in football for sure. These sorts of partnership deals have gone on for decades. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t believe a major Japanese club willingly signed a partnership deal with us. Some people need to not act like we just bought them out like Red Bull - that’s a problem in football for sure. These sorts of partnership deals have gone on for decades. 

And people have always moaned about them such as Chelsea with Vitesse.

City Group bad, V Sports good.

It's just rank hypocrisy to be honest.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

And people have always moaned about them such as Chelsea with Vitesse.

City Group bad, V Sports good.

It's just rank hypocrisy to be honest.

I'm not saying what we're doing is right, but developing a scouting network and pooling resources to benefit all is hardly equivalent to outright owning multiple clubs to act as direct feeder clubs to the one club that rules them all.

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm not saying what we're doing is right, but developing a scouting network and pooling resources to benefit all is hardly equivalent to outright owning multiple clubs to act as direct feeder clubs to the one club that rules them all.

I think you'll find that the head of V Sports Group (Aston Villa) will be the prime beneficiary here, but some smaller benefits to the other teams in the group.

This is basically the same as the City Group model.  Girona, as an example, are currently sat 2nd in La Liga - utterly amazing for that club.  They've got a player on loan from Man City (City Group), a player on loan from Troyes (City Group) (Savio; very weird transfer situation if you want to read into it) and bought a player from Man City.  It's the Group acting in the best interests of Man City, but helping the smaller members.  This is what V Sports will be aiming for.

Â