V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

18 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Good that this strengthens ties with Unai but just hopefully there is no financial fair play shenanigans when it comes to his renumeration.

It doesn't seem to imply there is any remuneration involved. 

Hard to tell what exactly the partnership means, unless you've seen more than that press release?

I'm glad the owners are so proactive and looking for every way to move the club forward but I will admit to feeling slightly nervous that all these deals wlth other clubs will at some point come back to bite us

Hopefully it's just the deeply ingrained sense of pessimism I have from being a Villa fan so long

10 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I wonder if this was one of Unai’s terms for joining us in the first place. 

I doubt it very much.

I strongly suspect that as soon as the owners knew they had hit the jackpot with Emery they floated this as a means of thanking him for his amazing work in a way that would be most meaningful for Unai…. with the added benefit of making it harder for him to leave.

It’s actually quite a beautiful and wonderful gesture that I’m sure will touch Emery’s heart. Hopefully we can help get them promoted and make it even more meaningful.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s actually quite a beautiful and wonderful gesture that I’m sure will touch Emery’s heart. Hopefully we can help get them promoted and make it even more meaningful.

What would that involve touching? I mean, we're all game. 

This link up is very smart.

We could pay emery £10 mill per year which hits FFP, or we can grow his asset via this footballing partnership which does not.  I hope it's a success for everyone involved.  When I retire to Spain, I'll get a season ticket

Edited by Adman
Typo
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

⭕️ An anticipated historic confrontation between Mouloudia Algiers and English giant Aston Villa, currently third in the Premier League.
⭕️ The match will take place at the Mouloudia “Ali Ammar” stadium in Douira on August 7.
⭕️ The demarcation of this match will take place after the signing of the twin agreement linking the two teams, which was postponed for special reasons.

5 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Real Union have sacked their manager and are about to appoint Idiakez, who has been our U21s manager since this July.

It would be fantastic to see some of the young guns get some experience out there.

Potentially helps out both teams.

50 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It would be fantastic to see some of the young guns get some experience out there.

Potentially helps out both teams.

The quality is very low, probably below League 2 level

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

The quality is very low, probably below League 2 level

However, they won't be languishing there for long.

With a bit of investment and help along the way this could quickly see them advance through the leagues. That will be the plan for sure...

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

However, they won't be languishing there for long.

With a bit of investment and help along the way this could quickly see them advance through the leagues. That will be the plan for sure...

I thought the club had already said the plan is to better the infrastructure, youth coaching and youth acquisition (via the suggestion of a route to a certain PL club...) rather than send our academy to them on loan, it's more likely to be a sharing of coaches than players 

12 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Real Union have sacked their manager and are about to appoint Idiakez, who has been our U21s manager since this July.

The president of Real Union, Igor Emery, has said that this was a decision made solely by Villa.

https://sportwitness.co.uk/strategic-decision-aston-villa-not-presidents-liking-things-moving-quicker-imagined/

Real Union president Igor Emery has hinted he is unhappy with Aston Villa’s decision to sack his manager Fran Justo to replace him with Villa U-21 coach Iñigo Idiakez.

He admitted that the managerial change is “an unexpected change that comes within a process that is included in the agreement we have signed with Aston Villa. The process has accelerated more than expected.”

The newspaper then goes on to explain the ‘only reason for the dismissal’ of Justo and the rest of his staff is Aston Villa, who have put certain conditions on the Spanish club since signing them to their group of clubs.

That decision, though, ‘does not seem to be the president’s liking’ as when asked about it directly he assured that he was “in a commission with Villa that we created this as a result of the agreement.”

Estadio Deportivo, though, say that he will be arriving at some point, with Aston Villa seeing his appointment as a ‘strategic decision’ to facilitate the movement of U-23 players from Aston Villa to the Spanish club.

They’re yet to arrive but the plan is for them to do so at some point and so those in charge at Villa Park believed Idiakez needed to be moved over to help it, a decision Igor Emery may not be entirely on board with.

• Sad 1

To me, it sounds alike they've just manipulated a situation to make a provocative headline.

That decision, though, ‘does not seem to be the president’s liking’ as when asked about it directly he assured that he was “in a commission with Villa that we created this as a result of the agreement.”

He is part of a commission as a result of the agreement, multiple angles here  insinuating Villa call the shots probably takes pressure off him if it is an unpopular decision.

Aside from that, I highly doubt NSWE would go out of their way to shaft Unai Emery, his brother, and their business in dictatorial style.

There is zero logic to this.

Â