V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

4 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Wouldn’t buying an additional 5% cause a potential problem? If V Sports are majority owners in two clubs that could both be in, say, Europa League, doesn’t that break UEFA or FIFA rules?

I’m not 100% sure on that, but wasn’t the issue when news broke that Qatar might come in with a bid for Man U, since they already own PSG?

Dunno. Not sure what the rules are but people seem to think Man City own multiple clubs 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Dunno. Not sure what the rules are but people seem to think Man City own multiple clubs 

The Abu Dhabi state has an 81% ownership in all the City Group clubs. It’s a vehicle for their sportswashing. It goes far beyond any traditional idea of feeder club systems. 

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Abu Dhabi state has an 81% ownership in all the City Group clubs. It’s a vehicle for their sportswashing. It goes far beyond any traditional idea of feeder club systems. 

Yeah, I know why they do it, but that's not relevant.  The question was is it legally possible for one entity to own multiple clubs.  That's a black and white yes or no regardless of funds available or reasons for doing it.

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I know why they do it, but that's not relevant.  The question was is it legally possible for one entity to own multiple clubs.  That's a black and white yes or no regardless of funds available or reasons for doing it.

Yes, one company can own multiple clubs, and yes, those clubs can face each other in European competition. The only qualification around the latter is that they need to have a different group of people involved in day-to-day management of the club. 

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Spoony said:

My only thoughts on this is that the Americanisation of football (sorry, soccer) continues. We are all just becoming franchises. 

At least American sports have different winners each year.  We have a pretend footballing hierarchy but at the top we all know its a closed shop.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, one company can own multiple clubs, and yes, those clubs can face each other in European competition. The only qualification around the latter is that they need to have a different group of people involved in day-to-day management of the club. 

In an alternate universe, the champion's final would be Derby County v Oxford City still owned by the Maxwells.

Edited by The Fun Factory

On 08/12/2021 at 06:45, villalad21 said:

Hilarious they have villains in their name. 

I wonder what evil they are planning 👹

Legs Diamond & Dutch Schultz's .................Legacy....a football team in Vegas.....if only "Old Blue eyes" could see it, too....Imagine Elvis, chair of the supporters club.

The timing could have been so different.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Regarding sportswashing I sort of .. don't get it? Like I don't think now, Saudi Arabia what a great bunch of lads I know I'll go there on holiday and sip a rose water. But is that what they are trying to achieve? I'll certainly never go there or invest any money in the place.

13 hours ago, Spoony said:

My only thoughts on this is that the Americanisation of football (sorry, soccer) continues. We are all just becoming franchises. 

But it’s not though. We aren’t doing a Red Bull. We aren’t forcing the club to change their name or colours. Feeder clubs have existed in many forms for years and years. It’s really not that deep or benevolent. 

The reality of the modern game in a post-Brexit world is we need to do this to compete. This isn’t aimed at you, but when people say we need to model ourselves on Brighton, well this is how you do it. How else would some of their talent get work permits? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Regarding sportswashing I sort of .. don't get it? Like I don't think now, Saudi Arabia what a great bunch of lads I know I'll go there on holiday and sip a rose water. But is that what they are trying to achieve? I'll certainly never go there or invest any money in the place.

That’s a fair question, it’s more about creating a positive association between the state via sport. It wants you to not necessarily visit but not immediately focus on the human rights abuses. The function is to spend unlimited funds in a form of positive PR. Other sports like F1 are prime examples of sportswashing in action when it gives so many to Middle Eastern states who have the capital to shift. 

Sportswashing, like other variants, think greenwashing is how money is used as a form of PR to distract attention away or undermine criticisms of their abusive and negative policies. 

Edited by The_Steve

Vitoria SC have a "B" team currently bottom of league three zone "A" (they could do with a couple of our youth prospects or young South American talent). Their first team is doing pretty well in the top division for a club of its size and finances and has played regular "European football". I'd say it's a shrewd move which will benefit both AVFC and Vitoria (if it's approved). 

As others have said, Portugal is a conduit for young talented South American players to transition to Europe. It should assist the widening of our scouting system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thanks for this, makes sense

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I find it funny how people from UK and other European countries make a moral stand against the human rights abuses of Arab countries, when they live in countries which have committed much worse abuses throughout history. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I find it funny how people from UK and other European countries make a moral stand against the human rights abuses of Arab countries, when they live in countries which have committed much worse abuses throughout history. 

First - Just because we did something wrong in the past doesn't mean we can't learn from our mistakes and grow. 

Second - The Arab countries have had their own slave trade historically. Just as bad as the transatlantic slave trade. 

You can certainly make arguments about our genocidal behaviours in the past but then you'd have to talk about the Islamic conquests where the choices were converting to Islam or having your entire family murder and raped. 

4 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Vitoria SC have a "B" team currently bottom of league three zone "A" (they could do with a couple of our youth prospects or young South American talent). Their first team is doing pretty well in the top division for a club of its size and finances and has played regular "European football". I'd say it's a shrewd move which will benefit both AVFC and Vitoria (if it's approved). 

As others have said, Portugal is a conduit for young talented South American players to transition to Europe. It should assist the widening of our scouting system.

so in theory V Sports could invest heavily in their youth setup (like we have done at Villa), rise the B team through the leagues while developing the youth players and setup, some players get released over time, some are sold on, some go through to Vitoria, and some maybe we take an option on.

Interesting times ahead.

I would assume as part of the deal for Sawaris to buy the shares, involves possible stadium improvements, training ground and facility upgrades, but also good/heavy investment in the youth setup etc.

Will be interesting to see how it develops.

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so in theory V Sports could invest heavily in their youth setup (like we have done at Villa), rise the B team through the leagues while developing the youth players and setup, some players get released over time, some are sold on, some go through to Vitoria, and some maybe we take an option on.

Interesting times ahead.

I would assume as part of the deal for Sawaris to buy the shares, involves possible stadium improvements, training ground and facility upgrades, but also good/heavy investment in the youth setup etc.

Will be interesting to see how it develops.

It was renovated for the 2004 Euros, think it's in pretty good shape for where the club is.

Â