V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

We know that everything we enter into we do properly these days. So i can only see a potential upside for Vitoria. I guess we wjll use them to loan players from and to, and also get first refusal on decent players on their books.  Yet again the name Sawiris and serious in the same sentence. I think this is why we get a manager like Emery. He is no fly by night is our Nassef. 

• Like 1

Does anybody think at some stage that we’ll look for further investment from a Middle Eastern consortium? I know Nas and Wes have tonnes of money, but the yanks also seem like they’ve seen English football as a cash cow they can milk while the going is good. Could Wes maybe look to sell his stake at some point? He’d make an incredible profit if he were to do so. 

Just a thought. Maybe they’d both like to stay and bring in a third party to further boost cash flow. V sports would be incredibly attractive, especially as we’re about to buy a big stake in Vitoria and also probably starting the Vegas Villans. Any Middle Eastern consortium would be getting a lot of bang for their buck!

dunno out of the 2 of them I've always thought that it was more wes who looks like he just enjoys owning a sports team, did shout it out in the other thread that the guy who owns the browns who is buying part of wes' basketball team also owns an MLS team so maybe he'd be having conversations with him, could see it being a bit like west ham bringing the czech guy in rather than a ME consortium, would be a face that fits

but then all that said we know very little about either of them or their relationship

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Does anybody think at some stage that we’ll look for further investment from a Middle Eastern consortium? I know Nas and Wes have tonnes of money, but the yanks also seem like they’ve seen English football as a cash cow they can milk while the going is good. Could Wes maybe look to sell his stake at some point? He’d make an incredible profit if he were to do so. 

Just a thought. Maybe they’d both like to stay and bring in a third party to further boost cash flow. V sports would be incredibly attractive, especially as we’re about to buy a big stake in Vitoria and also probably starting the Vegas Villans. Any Middle Eastern consortium would be getting a lot of bang for their buck!

Im not sure either would sell up any time soon when you consider they are looking at other clubs. Looks like they are here to stay long term and i am happy about that. 

Maybe a small minority investment but when you look at the future and with united now going to be as rich as Newcastle  in terms of ownership its really becoming a mess and impossible for everyone else

14 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I find it funny how people from UK and other European countries make a moral stand against the human rights abuses of Arab countries, when they live in countries which have committed much worse abuses throughout history. 

Could you name the last person officially beheaded by the UK Government. This kind of shit is happening NOW, not 300 years ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not sure either would sell up any time soon when you consider they are looking at other clubs. Looks like they are here to stay long term and i am happy about that. 

Maybe a small minority investment but when you look at the future and with united now going to be as rich as Newcastle  in terms of ownership its really becoming a mess and impossible for everyone else

I said similar about Ratcliffe buying man u and was shot down saying him being worth 10 billion or a PIF being worth 750 billion doesn't really matter cos that's enough to invest as much as you want. So we should be fine

10 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

The Times ran an article today discussing the tie up with Vitoria in more detail, seems like the reason they were so desperate to cut a deal on the cheap is because the pandemic ravaged their finances. The 5.5 million euro offer for a 46% stake will need to be formally ratified by the clubs members next month.

We have also promised to invest 2 million euros into the infrastructure of club vitoria and provide a loan facility of 20 million euros.

We are also apparently after one of their best players, Ibrahima Bamba, a 20 year old Italian national who has started 18 of their 20 games this season and has been selected by Roberto Mancini to be part of the 53 man national squad. The player has been used as a defender and defensive midfielder, recently signed a new contract until 2026 at Vitoria and has a release clause of £26 million, however they value him at 10 million euros and villa have priority in negotiations for their players as a result of the tie up.

The article also mentions the Las Vegas Villans situation, with promising comments from the MLS commisioner, praisng Vegas as a location that is a growing market for both people and ability to drive professional sport in the country. Mentions San Diego and says that its not a matter of which location is first or second, both are active discussions and indoor stadiums will be needed in both locations.

Aston Villa aim to use Vitória tie-up to sign Ibrahima Bamba

As anyone got a copy of the article as it is behind a paywall?

• Like 1

Best part of this deal for us, it to allow us to "bank" younger players from abroad who aren't yet eligible for a UK work permit. 

Enzo Fernandez when leaving River Plate most likely wouldn't have been eligible for a UK Work Permit, but signed for Benfica no problem. We can expand our scouting network for higher potential players who aren't quite good enough for the PL, but could do a job mid table in Portugal and we snap them up if they excel.

Perfect for us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

100% I see this happening eventually. 

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Could you name the last person officially beheaded by the UK Government. This kind of shit is happening NOW, not 300 years ago. 

In fairness, so are carpet bombings and drone strikes in the likes of Afghanistan, Syria etc by Allied forces which involve the UK. As just one example.

Those people are blown to pieces ( Men women and children, on a daily basis ).... or do you reckon they fall gently to sleep?

None of it is right, but you lot's high horse often have broken legs.

Different societies have different cultural elements and rates of evolution.

On one hand, you have human rights violations, on the other hand you have people upset about Sam Smith not being respected as a FisherTHEM.

They are all pretty ridiculous.

The way to close cultural gaps, find solutions and become better as a whole is constructive dialogue and learning about each other cultures.

Some would argue that if certain laws were as strict in the UK, you'd have less cretins running around stabbing, shooting and robbing innocent people.

( No i'm not advocating for archaic laws etc )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

now I have a European club to support. Excited to see what this does on both sides tbh. 

I know that the feeder club idea is not the most popular, but if we (NSWE/VSport) are serious about challenging at the top end, this is almost certainly the way to go. 

3 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Best part of this deal for us, it to allow us to "bank" younger players from abroad who aren't yet eligible for a UK work permit. 

Enzo Fernandez when leaving River Plate most likely wouldn't have been eligible for a UK Work Permit, but signed for Benfica no problem. We can expand our scouting network for higher potential players who aren't quite good enough for the PL, but could do a job mid table in Portugal and we snap them up if they excel.

Perfect for us.

Absolutely this. Portugal (for reasons I haven't tried to look up) and Spain have always seemed able to have players who we couldn't in this country. From a business model perspective - it just makes a lot of sense. 

• Thanks 1

Just did a quick google and apparently the Saudi guy who owns Sheffield United also owns  K Beerschot V in Belgium,  Al Hilal United FC in Dubai,  Kerala United FC in India and  La Berrichonne de Châteauroux in France.

We better get a move on if we're gonna catch up :D 

if they are going to continue with going after a club that starts with a V, what about Vasco da Gama & getting that foothold in Brazil? we have 2 VdG academy graduates in the 1st team already, Dougie & Coutinho.

Not sure about the rules regarding Brazilian club ownership but there is a Red Bull club there & one of the Palace investors holds a stake in another, while the City group have also started investing in a team I believe. 

• Like 1

Watch the footballing bodies suddenly develop a conscience overnight to try to put the kibosh on our owners investing in other clubs. Genuinely wouldn't shock me if something like this happened before any deals get ratified.

• Like 1

Â