Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/12/21 at 23:59

41 minutes ago, vreitti said:

This is a joke right? He was absolutely dreadful. Must've given away possession more times than the rest of the team combined. Sure he grafted a lot, but mostly got beat, and went down far too easy. This really was a poor game from him, and it wasn't the first. Pub player, sadly. 

He's 4th in the vote, so can't just be me.

Yes he lost the ball, but he was constantly trying to make things happen (and did - think he was involved in 2 or 3 chances, including the first goal). Pub player lol.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Schmeichel is currently on Sky saying he can’t feel his thumb and he played through the match with a hand injury and he needs an x-ray. Saying he also should have had a penalty. What a tremendous words removed he is. 

I'm glad he played on (poor thing was being bullied by the C&B all game). His performance today was Nyland esque, soft keeper he has done **** all all match and being dominated all game at set piece.

Easily the worst keeper to have won the PL

Yes, Ramsey whacked his hand... accidentally

1) He was aiming for the ball, as opposed to Schmeikel's thumb, in order to score one of those goal things.

2) Schmeichel only got his hand on the ball a fraction of a second before Ramsey got his foot to it. It happens, it's a risky, physical contact game! They were going for it at exactly the same time.

Edited by robby b

8 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Still too reliant on set pieces. Watkins is a very messy footballer, Cash can be pretty brainless too. Trust the process.

To be honest what is the process. I could see any team shape or pattern of play today. We seemed to sit back and rely on through balls for our attacking moves 

Welcome 3pts and some much improved performances from Nkamba, Buendia. But I didn't think we were great today 

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I hope Linekar isn't on MOTD later, he will be unbearable. 

Was just thinking this. The narrative will be completely different to what we all saw today. Ref got the decisions right, Leicester were unlucky, Villa rode their luck and scraped the win, then talk about Liverpool for half an hour. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

I'm glad he played on (poor thing was being bullied by the C&B all game). His performance today was Nyland esque, soft keeper he has done **** all all match and being dominated all game at set piece.

Easily the worst keeper to have won the PL

Desperately wanted us to score long distance when he came up both times. Good game management by Martinez but I just wanted him to send it quick on that goal kick.

feel bad for Mings- his hand must still smell like Scheimechel’s face. He’s going to have his hand tested and scrubbed later.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

That was absolutely fantastic.

We started slow and Leicester dominated the opening twenty minutes, but we deserved our equaliser and the second goal which was disallowed. To me that looked like an absolutely shocking decision, Oliver got it right, then whichever whopper was on VAR got it wrong, then Oliver got persuaded he was wrong, when he was right. It'd be funny if it only happened every now and then, but the refereeing at Villa Park has been a non stop storm of poop all season.

For both of our goals, Schmeichel dropped to the floor like he'd been shot and rolled around to try to get them reviewed, he's a prick. I'd like to offer something a little more erudite, but I think that's nailed it. I mean, he's always had the whiff of willy about him, but he's certainly managed to remove any doubt.

Letting the disallowed goal flash up on the screen didn't help keep the peace at Villa Park and ultimately that sense of anger fuelled an absolutely wonderful second half.

We dominated it, we should have scored more and we did score at least one more that shouldn't have been disallowed, the referee continued to be awful throughout and for the second game running it was really difficult to get booked as an opposition player at our place.

You get what you deserve.

For the noise, for the effort, for our football, for Schmeichel and for the refereeing, we deserved that one.

Luiz, Buendia and Nakamba were superb. McGinn was very good and Watkins worked his socks off.

The crowd was amazing, the atmosphere in that second half, all the energy that the anger of the disallowed goal brought and then the lead the team took in keeping us going, the baiting of Schmeichel, the lot - it had an epic feel to it.

And perhaps it merited that epic feeling, we were witnessing the end of an empire, Leicester are done, the golden period of the title winners and the push for Europe is over, they're just Leicester again.

And us?

King of the Midlands; back where we belong.

Goodnight Kaspar, off you f***.

To say Buendia was superb and SJM was only very good invalidated what was a very good summary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The second half against Man City and especially today, we completely bossed. The crowd were immense.

Gerrard has injected something into the club that’s absolutely infectious. The fans and players are certainly buying into it, and it’s making for a great cocktail.

Over the next few weeks/months, nobody is going to fancy playing us. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WHY said:

To say Buendia was superb and SJM was only very good invalidated what was a very good summary. 

That’s what I thought, lol. 

Buendia was poor but McGinn and Nakamba were superb, as they have been nearly all season. 

First half we were dire for most of it and our passing was as bad as it has ever been. Second half we were a completely new team and it was one of, if not the best 45 mins of our season. We were fantastic. 

A lot of positives from today’s game but I can’t help but think had Leicester taken a few of their opportunities in the first half, they’d have been 2/3 up at half time. 

Huge 3 points and I can enjoy losing to Liverpool 4-0 next week. 

• Thanks 1

Relieved to read a few good reviews on here for Buendía... after reading one post saying it was his worst performance this season (?!), which surprised and worried me. He's one of our 8 out of 10s from Sky so actually I doubt he was bad and guess he was maybe quite good. I'm looking forward to seeing the highlights tonight on MOTD.

Edited by robby b

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

The second half against Man City and especially today, we completely bossed. The crowd were immense.

Gerrard has injected something into the club that’s absolutely infectious. The fans and players are certainly buying into it, and it’s making for a great cocktail.

Over the next few weeks/months, nobody is going to fancy playing us. 

Not all scousers are junkies you know :D

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s what I thought, lol. 

Buendia was poor but McGinn and Nakamba were superb, as they have been nearly all season. 

First half we were dire for most of it and our passing was as bad as it has ever been. Second half we were a completely new team and it was one of, if not the best 45 mins of our season. We were fantastic. 

A lot of positives from today’s game but I can’t help but think had Leicester taken a few of their opportunities in the first half, they’d have been 2/3 up at half time. 

Huge 3 points and I can enjoy losing to Liverpool 4-0 next week. 

Nakamba and McGinn was superb but I couldn't give my MOTM to any other than Konsa.

He is a CB for Christ sake and scored 2 goals!

• Like 4

Â