Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/12/21 at 23:59

35 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

I know nothing about the man other than watching him ref on TV... and he just comes off as an arrogant smug ****.  Wouldn't be surprised if he enjoyed himself a goat peen here and there 

To be fair. I’ve always been glad to see him ref our games. He’s been the best ref in the league for years. But today was awful. Whatever about the disallowed goal. The decision to book Nakamba as the first yellow card after about 12 consecutive Leicester fouls was just bad refereeing. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Just been on the Leceister board and they can't believe how bad they are to get beaten by dross like us. Not only are we shite, we cheat and dive all the time too.

Pretty funny to see these entitled pricks thinking they're still good enough to compete at the top end, despite selling one of their best players every season. Delusional.

Utter  🔔🔚s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevpants said:

To be fair. I’ve always been glad to see him ref our games. He’s been the best ref in the league for years. But today was awful. Whatever about the disallowed goal. The decision to book Nakamba as the first yellow card after about 12 consecutive Leicester fouls was just bad refereeing. 

25 fouls today and they had 1 yellow. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Just wanted to flag up this post from @M_Afro in the pre match post. Have to copy it as can’t quote from a different locked thread. It inspired me to have a very rare bet. Went for 2-1 with Watkins and Buendia any time goal scorers. On another day what could have been! Couldn’t be happier to have lost my money! Hope you won a couple of quid mate. UTV! 

It’s my son’s seventh birthday on Sunday. He was born in Leicester on a weekend where we actually played Leicester at Villa Park. We went one down and all the nurses were giving me stick because I had bought my son a villa baby grow and they were all Leicester supporters. We can back to win 2-1!  
That’s gotta be a good Omen. Get your money on 2-1 Villans. UTV

Ha ha. That’s so unlucky mate. In all the excitement of my boys birthday I forgot to take my own advice and make the bet. I did have to pop out and pick up a takeaway though and ended up watching the last 10 minutes in a local pub surrounded by Leicester fans. It was most enjoyable!

• Like 3

Another game where I feared the worst after a slow start but we throughly deserved that win , despite all the ref could do otherwise .. not just him not knowing the rules for the Ramsey goal but just generally all round … 25 fouls they committed today with one booking for the cynical Maddison foul 

gave MOTM to Nakamba still a few heart in mouth passing  moments but he was everywhere today putting his body on the line . 
the back line had a few moments but some of the last ditch blocks and the desire to win the ball was commendable … only negative it’s that’s the second  left winger to embarrass Cash in a week … he looks more and more a weak link each week , I wonder if Gerrard will buy in someone for that position in Jan

a few weeks ago we were looking at that table quite nervously as we headed for the bottom 3  , now we are 3 wins off the drop zone and eyeing the top half of the table as  an area where we belong … let’s hope the manager bounce keeps on bouncing 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I quite like Rogers as a manager but Leicester did look really poor. Not quite sure how it's all gone so wrong there.

First half they were good I thought, completely demolishing us down the right but final ball just let them down. They were also missing Tielemans who was in excellent form but injured now.

I actually think they should just ease off on league and go all in for europa as that's probably better bet for them than trying to make top 4 as Villareal showed last year.

They could well go out though if they lose in Naples though and that's a very very tough game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Aaron ransdale makes that save and Talksport and Sky Sports simultaneously combust into an enormous ocean of jizz

They’d knock tower bridge and build a 70ft bronze replica of it. 

The thing is Ramsdale flings himself around the goal for routine saves. Emi can fling himself but he only does so when he needs to.

I have no idea how he got to that ball. I’d love to know what his vertical jump is. I’m sure it’s been tested. That is unbelievable athleticism. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kevpants said:

They’d knock tower bridge and build a 70ft bronze replica of it. 

The thing is Ramsdale flings himself around the goal for routine saves. Emi can fling himself but he only does so when he needs to.

I have no idea how he got to that ball. I’d love to know what his vertical jump is. I’m sure it’s been tested. That is unbelievable athleticism. 

Yeah it was a fantastic save. Not only the physical jump and stretch but the reaction time is a split second

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Shame WM once again couldn't give Villa a half hour phone in post match like they seem to do for all the other shit in the Midlands. 

At dead on 6.30 they switched straight over to some generic shit music show. Listening figures dropped from 30000 to about 18.

You telling me you didn't listen to Midlands Massala straight after?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, villaslash said:

Sorry if someone else mentioned this but Vardy nonexistent when he came on. I don’t remember him even getting a sniff.

Thank **** for that! For once! I was dreading him coming on, he's made us suffer too much before.

• Like 1

Schmeichel  really is a totally shit house isn’t he 

“I'm surprised he even needed to go across to the monitor. He's absolutely whacked my hand and my thumb is numb at the moment. We're going to see if I need an x-ray. “

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, vreitti said:

This is a joke right? He was absolutely dreadful. Must've given away possession more times than the rest of the team combined. Sure he grafted a lot, but mostly got beat, and went down far too easy. This really was a poor game from him, and it wasn't the first. Pub player, sadly. 

I’ve been his biggest critic but you’re wrong. He’s still off the pace but the ability he has is way above any other player on that pitch today. He’s being forward thinking and positive and messing up some low % passes. That will get better over time. 

Im now convinced he’s going to score and create some absolute bangers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Schmeichel  really is a totally shit house isn’t he 

“I'm surprised he even needed to go across to the monitor. He's absolutely whacked my hand and my thumb is numb at the moment. We're going to see if I need an x-ray. “

X-ray your balls Kaspy because they absolutely shrivelled up on you today. 

With all his talk. He is the reason they’re conceding from corners so much. You could see our strategy was to put the ball on top of him because he sh1t himself every time we did. 

Edited by kevpants
Kasper Schmeichels tiny testicles
  • Haha 3

Â