Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Some really good performances, whole back four, especially Mings have been excellent again. The midfield central three have been great especially JJ and Nakamba. The forward line is slightly letting us down, Young has been good but the other two very hit and miss especially Bailey who still seems a bit off the pace.

I'd bring Buendia on for Bailey at some point I think and Ings could come on for Watkins at some point potentially.

• Like 3

Should be winning by more. Their defence is not good at all and we should be looking to get that second ASAP. 

Defensively we've been good and hopefully we keep it up. I'm really liking the one-touch football.

One mention has to go to Watkins who has given the ball away numerous times when we've been in good positions. He's got to stop doing that. 

We've been really good first half so really pleased so far.

We have to expect a reaction from Palace in the second half so need to be up for the challenge.

Need Cash to be careful now he is on a yellow particularly up against Zaha.

Come on Villa - let's do this. UTV!

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

This feels like one of those many games where not taking full advantage when on top could cost us.

I’ve learned to always prepare for disappointment as a Villa fan 😂

Hopefully we really have turned a corner under Gerrard and can maintain this performance. Time will tell!

hopefully if we can keep the lead, maybe Ings, Sanson & Buendia came come on later too add more pressing energy, good to have 3 players on the bench who are natural hard workers and good technically also.

I would imagine Sanson isnt fit enough to actually play tho, dunno, but he will need minutes to build fitness.

BIG ANDY CARROLL HAS SCORED FOR READING! HES BACK BABY! - on a serious note, i didnt even know he had signed for them...OT but i think that we need to keep palace playing how they are, struggling to break through. dont want them to go wide and use benteke in the battering ram role ala carroll

Very impressed by how much we've tightened up defensively in transition this week.  It's also noticeable just how narrow our wide forwards are playing now vs previously.  Good stuff, should be more than just 1-0 up.  Keep it going, lads!  

Not sure what the Palace fans are annoyed about, Milivojevic should've been booked, we should've had a pen (and Milivojovic a second yellow?), Cash got booked for being pushed in the face, and Kouyate somehow hasn't been booked for committing roughly 900 fouls that half.

Nakamba, Targett, Ramsey, and Mings playing really well.

• Like 1