Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Great half.

Mings, Ramsey, Nakamba all very good. Impressed by McGinn too. Watkins getting some pelters in here but I think he was unlucky not to win a penalty. 

Hopefully we can continue in this vein second half. Ref doesn’t have control but he’s hardly being helped by Palace committing so many fouls.

• Like 1

work rate is at least 30% high than under Deano's reign, and for once we are not overrun in midfield, the commentator saying Palace second best to Villa's Midfield, waited for years to hear that. Palace will be up for this 2nd half, get an early goal and put this game ot bed. I do think we need to them under pressure to get corners, they are weak from set pieces 

• Like 1

If we had been playing like this all season would easily be in the European places. Absolutely  a huge turnaround from the last few games under Smith. The guys look more energized, enthusiastic, and just happier to be wearing the Claret and Blue. Let's get an insurance goal early on and put this one to bed gents.

It's slightly dissapointing that all the team really needed was a kick in the hole. I'm liking the narrow wingers though, they're getting into that little inside forward area and palace don't know who shoould be picking them up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It appears that, towards the end, it became that way.

They needed a fire reigniting.

Yep. 

Does happen with teams after a few years under the same regime. 

I was gutted he went but its currently looking like the right decision. There's been an improvement, there's no doubt about that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Were the players too comfortable under Smith?

Probs, I also think the tactics under Shakespeare’s coaching relied too much on his Leicester successes - channels for Vardy/Watkins. We’ve stopped that immediately and immediately look better passing the ball past the opposition. That isn’t a defence of Smith - he should have corrected it when it stopped working.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

work rate is at least 30% high than under Deano's reign, and for once we are not overrun in midfield, the commentator saying Palace second best to Villa's Midfield, waited for years to hear that. Palace will be up for this 2nd half, get an early goal and put this game ot bed. I do think we need to them under pressure to get corners, they are weak from set pieces 

And I bet you didn't expect to hear it without us dipping into the transfer market