Biggest word removed to play for/manage/own Villa

Davkaus

Randy Lerner for me.

Absolutely tried to ruin the club once the novelty wore off of owning Villa. A few examples that stick out in my mind and leave a bitter taste; Appointed a rival manager who just had relegated our rivals weeks prior, which the whole of VP was revelling in on the final day of the season. Why? Also Stood by Paul Lambert for so long (without backing him financially) as he dragged the club further down and down. If you are an owner of a club, how could you accept losing to a League 2 side over two legs in a major club competition? There has to be repercussions for that. Decided to sell up once we had been relegated to the Championship and to Tony Xia.  And was it not strongly reported that he was one of a few who wanted to scrap relegation from the Premier League? 

He made the club one big laughing stock when he got bored, I cannot forgive him for that.

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

Randy Lerner for me.

Absolutely tried to ruin the club once the novelty wore off of owning Villa. A few examples that stick out in my mind and leave a bitter taste; Appointed a rival manager who just had relegated our rivals weeks prior, which the whole of VP was revelling in on the final day of the season. Why? Also Stood by Paul Lambert for so long (without backing him financially) as he dragged the club further down and down. If you are an owner of a club, how could you accept losing to a League 2 side over two legs in a major club competition? There has to be repercussions for that. Decided to sell up once we had been relegated to the Championship and to Tony Xia.  And was it not strongly reported that he was one of a few who wanted to scrap relegation from the Premier League? 

He made the club one big laughing stock when he got bored, I cannot forgive him for that.

Talk about mental health. If you were a huge fan in those days, could have quite easily drove you to depression, it was a horrible time. Signing Luna, Helenius, Tonev, Dawkins jesus christ, I'm glad I was too young to understand.

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Doesn't belong in here. I mean we've all had a larf, but I'm struggling to see what makes him a word removed?

the revelations about his weird sex life and accusations of sexual offences, sex tapes and black mail.

he might not have been a bad bloke, but it was all a bit weird and off

Edited by VillanousOne

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Talk about mental health. If you were a huge fan in those days, could have quite easily drove you to depression, it was a horrible time. Signing Luna, Helenius, Tonev, Dawkins jesus christ, I'm glad I was too young to understand.

I guess with your username you always will be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Spoony said:

“Doctor” Tony Xia is the only answer. Completely fraudster who almost killed a 150 year old institution. 

This. 

13 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I think my most disliked XI would be 

Guzan

Richards.Alpay.Lescott.Richardson

Bacuna.Ireland.Delph.Hendrie 

Yorke

McCormack. 

Manager - O’Leary with Bruce and McLeish as assistants! 

I wouldn't put either Guzan or Richardson. I mean both were not very good but I don' think they went out to piss the fanbase off. Guzan was okish for a couple of years before his confidence was shot. Richardson was just a cheap utility signing. He did clear one of the line versus Steven Gerrard's Liverpool side at Wembley though.

• Like 2

Oh for what it was worth, when I was a baby geeky fan, I used to like to write to players. I did actually once write to Doug Ellis telling him that I supported him despite all the mean things being said and he did write back to say thank you. I don’t think he deserves all the shit he gets but I know I’m very much in the minority there 

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Depends when it was. Remember reading John Toshack's book and he said when he was at Real Sociedad he watched him driving out of training, some of the fans gave him a Basque gift to welcome him to the club and then he drove on a bit and dumped it down the road.

Obviously dosen't mean he deserved what happened to him though.

Depends when it was? So he was fine one day and then just seriously messed up another? Doesn't work like that - he would have had issues for years.

59 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Oh for what it was worth, when I was a baby geeky fan, I used to like to write to players. I did actually once write to Doug Ellis telling him that I supported him despite all the mean things being said and he did write back to say thank you. I don’t think he deserves all the shit he gets but I know I’m very much in the minority there 

We could have really pushed on in the late nineties if Doug had just put his hand in his wallet…

We were linked with Robbie Keane when he was a kid… Juninho… Muzzy Izzet (I always rated Izzet)…

Doug held us back when the Premier League started to separate into elite clubs and the rest of the league…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I was once in the gym at Bodymoor when one of the other people mentioned in this thread said his girlfriend had started to get a bit of a stomach so he'd bought her an abdominiser and told her to sort herself out or he'd dump her.  Even 21 year old supeficial me thought this was out of order.

Please spill ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What's that about?

He is a slum landlord and evicted a family apparently for complaining about mould

Housing charity even had a protest outside St James Park last season 

10 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

the revelations about his weird sex life and accusations of sexual offences, sex tapes and black mail.

People have their kinks… As long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else or cause anyone else to suffer, there’s no problem is there?

• Like 1

I have a few,

Andy Gray... Never forget when i went to watch Villa Play Kiddy Harriers in a pre-season friendly and he was our assistant manager i think at the time, Some young lads asked him for his autograph and he basically told them quite clearly to **** off! Disgraceful.

Randy Lerner for the pityfull way he relegated us through lack of interest & investment... I actually thought Paul Lambert did a good job keeping us up for so long tbh.

But it has to go to the one & only Doug Ellis for me... The countless times he failed to push us that extra bit when it would have been so easy to do so. He Wrecked the Champions of Europe team rapidly too through sheer lack of investment. It was the length of his stay which did me to the point i stopped going and lost interest for over a decade which really hurt me as i had been a Season ticket holder & went to most away games too from 1979 through to the 90's when i had to reduce it because of work etc but still i went to most games for years. It was the late 90's & noughties when i lost interest as it was obvious we were never going to win anything with him there and i swear he was the reason AVFC lost so much respect and that's the reason most under 40 year old fans & pundits don't take us seriously.... why would they having watched us do practically nothing for almost 40 years under his tenure!! It is remarkable to me and a tribute to the true potential of this club that we managed to win a few cups DESPITE him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

He was a pioneer. He paved the way for a lot of men to see that kind of thing as acceptable....I believe it's all the rage now...I'm told.

I never heard anything about offences. Wasn't he just blackmailed by a stripper.

Â