Biggest word removed to play for/manage/own Villa

Davkaus

17 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Hendrie?

Yep - odious bloke.

Met him several times socially and professionally and he was an utter self obsessed, big-time Charlie word removed! 

Also thought he only played well when his contract was due for renewal. 

I know it’s a contentious one but I couldn’t stand him… 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Yep - odious bloke.

Met him several times socially and professionally and he was an utter self obsessed, big-time Charlie word removed! 

Yeah I met him before he was famous at Villa.  I was dating a girl he knew and he was a prick the time I met him.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Yep - odious bloke.

Yep, he was a word removed as a kid at Erdington Star same goes for Byfield.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Get the impression Hendrie was the kind of person that needed a manager to really keep him in check. Great talent but a bit of a lost soul. He seemed to hit rock bottom after retiring but has now turned his life around.

Yes I was a big fan of Hendrie

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hate to write this because hes no longer with us but I knew  a girl who was a very good friend said she met Dalian Atkinson and he was a complete prick to her. 

He may well have been but he was mentally ill tbf - not really fair to lump him in with others who are just dickheads. 

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He may well have been but he was mentally ill tbf - not really fair to lump him in with others who are just dickheads. 

Could say the same about Hendrie as well?  As well as Collymore

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bickster said:

One person has mentioned Ellis in three pages

One person has mentioned Steve Hodge in three pages

No one has mentioned Alex McLeish, No One had mentioned Steve Bruce, No one has mentioned Roberto De Mateo No one has mentioned Billy McNeill

Call yourself Villa fans

I can’t agree with this.

if we’re talking shit and underwhelming and out of their depth.. then sure.

But none of those people I would have classed as words removed

edit: Except for McNeil who I don’t really remember 

Edited by Thug

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Could say the same about Hendrie as well?  As well as Collymore

Don't know about Hendrie or Collymore tbh. No idea about Hendrie at all, Collymore seemed to have depression but I think Atkinson had much more serious problems, no?> 

14 minutes ago, Thug said:

if we’re talking shit and underwhelming and out of their depth.. then sure.

Ellis was not out of his depth, he took over a club, dismantled a very succesful side and got us relegated all so he could earn money. He was the first board member in a UK football club to actually pay himself (think about that for a second)

Steve Hodge was not out of his depth or shit, he was a current England International when we bought him, he just didn't want to be here and didn't put any effort in. The back pass incident just highlighted it, he just wasn't bothered by what he'd done

Both of the above were complete and utter words removed

• Thanks 2

Interesting topic and some interesting names thrown about - been some good reading,

In terms of ownership and management: Wyness as CEO - that Lewis Grabban video amongst everything else. Lerner, because of the way he choked the club into relegation after such high hopes. O’Leary & Garde as managers, down to their arrogance.

Players - theres a few - Lescott, Delph (the u-turn…) most of the relegation side - those players who couldn’t give a shit about playing for us but happy to wind down their expensive contracts.

My old man used to be invited into the dinners/boxes as my grandad was a journo for the Argus - he was not a fan of Doug to say the least, had a few heated discussions around his reluctance to spend money and build the club, but Doug was just rude and arrogant, so throwing Doug in there for him.

Â