Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Saw this in the BBC comments 🤣

Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa have definitely improved significantly since they changed their name back to Aston Villa.

Edited by av1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Saw this in the BBC comments 🤣

Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa have definitely improved significantly since they changed their name back to Aston Villa.

It's quite funny how the media do this. I first clocked it when they'd refer to Derby as Frank Lampard's Derby County. The constant brown-nosing is how these guys got to be how they are. You would think they were Zidane both as players and as managers the way the media go on about them.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's quite funny how the media do this. I first clocked it when they'd refer to Derby as Frank Lampard's Derby County. The constant brown-nosing is how these guys got to be how they are. You would think they were Zidane both as players and as managers the way the media go on about them.

Agreed they weren’t any better than other ex pros turned managers like Mark Hughes,  Roberto Mancini, Bryan Robson only difference being is the played in the era that Sky believe football was created.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So what is Lambert in the drawers department? 

The turd in the gusset from the follow-through

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

So what is Lambert in the drawers department? 

Lambert was twice the manager when compared to Steven. Kept us up multiple years with Benteke, Delph and a bunch of championship players. Steven was going to get us relegated in his first full season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm just glad the whole circus is over and we seem to have come out of the spell/bewitchment, whatever the media had everyone believe it was. It was so cringe at one point, when they were manufacturing the links with liverpool (disregarding that he ACTUALLY HAD TO SUCCEED HERE FIRST!). Also when they kept playing up the coutinho link between the pair, and just seeing people with brazilian flags and worshipping coutinho at villa, thankfully we are considered as an actual club now and not just a temporary perch for those 2!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

I can't figure out why we are still talking about the man. Does he really matter anymore.

Nostalgia. 

11 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Also when they kept playing up the coutinho link between the pair, and just seeing people with brazilian flags and worshipping coutinho at villa, thankfully we are considered as an actual club now and not just a temporary perch for those 2!

They were for Dougie.

• Haha 1

Â