Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's symbolic. Like a flag at half-mast, or a black armband, or fireworks display with a marching band and free beers for everyone.

I like it. It’s cathartic. 

Did any of you watch us pre season? It was clear we had gone backwards if that was possible. Same tactics..passing sideways to make our passing stats look good. My fear is that the players have lost faith in themselves and there is now click within the team who have been frustrated at Gerard playing his favourites and now will now feel free to run riot. I just hope that set piece coach is gone also and had his clip board broken over his head when he was told to do one.

It’s incredible how time makes things seem better than they were.

I saw some posters early today discussing that Gerrard was worse than Mcleish,Bruce and Lambert etc.

I am sure when things turn with our new manager as they inevitably will people will say Gerrard wasn’t that bad.
And actually they would be right.We have been poor this season,Gerrard has lost 3 of his new signings but we have looked short of ideas and a lacking a definite style of play.

But we have been in much,much worse times.I remember during Gregory’s later days we were appalling,Mcleish had some terrible performances and that period of 2 months of Lambert when we didn’t score a goal.

In 10 years time people will be saying Truss was actually a great prime minister.

• Confused 1

Â